Powerheads question

Benny503

After checking out everyone else tank, I feel like I am the only person in here using powerheads from petco. I have a 30g and 50g powerheads, I am having a feeling that those are not good enought for reef tank. Should I buy different power head? Any recommend powerhead? Attachment is a picture that show my powerheads.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2633&d=1215034654

holy toledo thats a lot of rock, it depends on what your going for, if its fish only you are acceptable, if it softy tank I would shoot for a 25x turnover and SPS I would shoot for 50x turnover

So for example on my tank I have a 75 gallon and I turn over about 4600GPH = 61 times per hour.

You might want to consider taking out a rock or two for better flow and positioning of pumps.

Do they carry the Koralias at the LFSs in Portland? If yes, you could take a look at their size and see if they'd for your set-up.

I have a couple of 3s and a 4, but in much larger tanks.

The nano Tunzes are also a choice, but the price is a bit higher. They are smaller, though.

Always had good luck with maxijets, have some years old that i still use for water changes etc. Also tried on of the mods they came out with on a 1200 it was like putting a outboard motor in the sank, it sucked air from 4" down!. might try a 900 or 600 again