Pet on Pet Violence

andy

This morning, I noticed the Aqualifter feeding the ATO on my nano was really noisy; it was staying on way too long too. I went in to my son's room to check it out and stepped into a puddle. DOH! Great, Friday the 13th and I've got a leak somewhere.

Check the Aqualifter. No leak.

Check the tank. No leak.

Check the Fluval. No leak.

Check the ATO reservoir. No leak.

WTH? Check the Aqualifter again. This time, I felt a little breath of air on my hand.

Check the silicon tubing I'm using for the ATO. Bingo. Punctured, both the go'zinta and the go'zouta lines. Punctured a lot. Almost as if... an animal had chewed on them. An animal with sharp pointy teeth. Like one of our cats. (threaten)

I can't leave rubber bands off fish/coral bags lying around 'cause the cats will chew on them then (puke)all over the place. Now, I have to shield any exposed airline. Frikken' cats.

What I would give for a video of our cats first reaction to jumping on the warm hood of the tank only to find their paws stuck. The look int their eyes followed by the eradict flailing about in an attempt to get it off their paws was truely priceless. Needless to say no more cats on top of the tank = no more cat hair in the tank Feels good to win a battle with something as sneaky and sly as a cat.

What I would give for a video of our cats first reaction to jumping on the warm hood of the tank only to find their paws stuck. The look int their eyes followed by the eradict flailing about in an attempt to get it off their paws was truely priceless. Needless to say no more cats on top of the tank = no more cat hair in the tank Feels good to win a battle with something as sneaky and sly as a cat.

Not that I have done this before(whistle) But take some scotch tape and put it on the cats feet. Loads of enjoyment there(laugh) Oh I do have a cat but he is a good cat that all I need to do is feed him.

Anyone have any tips on convincing the wifes the cats should be locked outside?

Man what I wouldn't give. My RO unit is hooked up in 2nd bathrooms tub. My cat like to pee on it. Pisses me off like no other.

My cat fell into the refugium a few years ago, now it stays away from the tanks. Luckily he didn't die.

Any idea if it works for dogs, too?

Deodorant works well for dogs IME.

Man what I wouldn't give. My RO unit is hooked up in 2nd bathrooms tub. My cat like to pee on it. Pisses me off like no other.

My cat fell into the refugium a few years ago, now it stays away from the tanks. Luckily he didn't die.

Funny you should say that. I was rudely awakened about a month ago to some sounds of splashing coming from the general direction of the tanl. I made my way to the living room just in time to see our massive 20 pound cat struggling to make it out of the refugium(which is kind of a display and sits on a stand next to the main tank). As soon as he saw me he really freaked out jumped out, splattered saltwater everywhere, (big screen, reciever, xbox360, laptop, etc.) flew about 4 feet to the coffe table and on his way down knocked over a $500 antique romanian candy dish that was a gift from my girlfriends grandmother(rip). At least none of the electronics were damaged, but if they were at least they were replaceable. Candy dish on the other hand, shattered and unreplaceable. Needless to say the cat spent the next few days in the bathroom. Oh the things our animals do that we put up with. Gotta love em. For the very few negative things they do bring alot of joy in some form or another i.e. sticky tape on kitties paws (laugh)

I always say... it's better to be pissed off than to be pissed on...(laugh)

That's a good tip... I'll try that.