Everyone - Please read

Chief

At the May 18th PNWMAS Meeting I announced that I would not be seeking or accepting the office of President for the coming year.

I felt I needed to explain the situation. My time is very limited. I work about 60 hours a week. I am actively involved in many community organizations like Kiwanis, Chamber of Commerce, Creswell Community Action Alliance, Local Food for Local Folks, Ford Family Foundation, and I organize a charity golf tournament that takes about 5 months to plan. I am actively thinking about getting more involved in the city government. That does not leave much time for the PNWMAS.

I did not come by this decision lightly. 3 and a half years ago, I was just getting into the hobby when I found the PNWMAS. We traveled all the way to Portland from Creswell to come to a meeting. The organizer, Ryan Jensen (Krux), was speaking about making the club better. He wanted to get the club organized with some leadership ( Officers and BOD ). He talked about setting up our own website ( no longer using TRT ). I thought to myself that this guy knows what he is talking about. He was looking for volunteers and I became the Secretary for our first year of the Official PNWMAS.

Nine months later, the President, VP, and Webmaster quit at the same time. The Treasurer had left a few months prior. I had a decision to make at that time. Even though I had only been in the hobby for 1 year, I decided to take the torch and become the interim President until the next election.

I have been the President since that day. I am willing to help anybody that wants to take on the responsibility. You will not be left high and dry like me. The rest of this year is already planned out for you. All you have to do is make sure everything is in place. You will have a great VP. John makes my job very easy. If Brandy stays on, she is great at her job also.

We need some fresh volunteers. We need some new ideas. You do not have to know everything about this hobby to help the club.

If you really what to help the club and keep it going, now is the time to step up. It does not matter where you live, we have the internet. All you need is the desire to help out.

John is already getting speakers lined up for next year. This club is growing but it needs a steady flow of volunteers. Time to step up.

I want to see this club succeed, but I can no longer fulfill my position after this term. I hope that someone will rise to the challenge.

Also do not worry about the Website. I will maintain the website for as long as the club allows me to.

Jay

Ahh I hate to see ya go Jay but glad to see it at the same time. This will let you chill a little more.

PS- This also means you have to spend more time with Stacy, so you might wanna think this through : ) Just kidding. Rey and I might be down your way soon so maybe we can stop by and have a few beers :) Later Ryan

Thanks for everything you have done. It looks like you really help take this club to a new level. Pretty tough shues to fill. Good luck with your government stuff and thanks again for making this web community great Cheif!!

Jay

It has been great working with you Jay. You have put a lot of time and effort into the club, giving up most of any time you may have had for anything else outside of your prior commitments.

It takes countless PM's, posts in the Officers/Board Forum, e-mails, phone calls, meetings, discussions and votes to keep a club like PNWMAS going. The main thing needed is dedication. Thanks Jay, for your dedication to the club and giving up so much of any free time you may have had during your Term of Office. I'm glad you will be staying on as a BOD member.

Looks like some nice weather for Golf. Be careful riding that bicycle though. (whistle)

John

Thats tough Jay! I'm glad you are stepping down but at the same time it is sad to hear. Hopefully you and Stacey will still make it to several meetings and be present on the website as well.

It was good working with you!

(Maybe I should become DICTATOR!!) :)

Thank you Jay for all that you have done. I have only been here for 4 months and have enjoyed meeting you and getting to know the workings of the club.

Your dedication can be seen in the club, and the club is a reflection of time spent to help make it what is currently is. I hope that you continue to stay online and share your knowledge with us. Good luck in your ventures and don't be a stranger.

Kevin

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I am not going away, just need some time to get some stuff straight. I will still be around to help out. Who knows, maybe you will see me at the helm again in the future.

Jay

• 2 weeks later...

Black Hole that sucks in time, life, everything...

Being an officer in a club is one of the most thankless jobs around! (my hobby is taking a bunch of crap off of everyone in my club!) There are 2 kinds of people that seek office in a club: those that seek power and fame through intrigue, and the others that selflessly try to make the club a better place for their friends and peers. Jay(and Stacy), thanks for being the latter. We need to keep these facts in mind when dealing with our club officers; their only purpose is to help the rest of us. Ryan

Being an officer in a club is one of the most thankless jobs around! (my hobby is taking a bunch of crap off of everyone in my club!) There are 2 kinds of people that seek office in a club: those that seek power and fame through intrigue' date=' and the others that selflessly try to make the club a better place for their friends and peers. Jay(and Stacy), thanks for being the latter. We need to keep these facts in mind when dealing with our club officers; their only purpose is to help the rest of us. Ryan[/quote']

Good to see your post Ryan. Yes, both Jay and Stacy really have made the club a better place. We are grateful to have them as club officers, and as friends.