Bubble tip not bubbly

drock59

From all that I've been able to find, there's no consensus on the why for bubbly vs non-bubbly BTAs. FWIW, mine was bubbly when I first got it but then went non-bubbly. When I started running Purigen in a reactor, it bubbled right back up and stayed bubbly. It's purely anecdotal of course, but that's my experience.

Just make sure your water is always freah and clean and there is plenty of light and current. Make him as happy as you can. Spoil him with a varied diet of mysis shrimp, silversides, fresh raw shreded jumbo shrimp and squid. Soak your food twice a week in vitamins for half hour before feeding. I do this for all my fish and inverts and have kept them fat and vibrant. Its best to feed the anemones twice a week rather then 3 times. From what I have read.

If you follow this link Im sure you will find everything you ever wanted to know about bubbletip anemones.....and then some.

http://www.karensroseanemones.com/

Or here

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/marine/inverts/cnidaria/anthozoa/bubbletipanemones.htm

Jay

Here is a pic of mine. I rescued this one from my cousins tank. It was silver dollar size and pale when I got it so if yours is not doing well just keep him happy and read the webpages I posted and I hope it helps you

attachment.php?attachmentid=2426&stc=1&d=1210300479

post-199-141867738996_thumb.jpg

Shaun Monohan always said it was temperature. He said lowering the temperature will make it bubble. never worked for me though ;) In fact one of our hottest tanks here ( the nano on the counter ) usually has bubbles. I never even touch the tank except top off.

So hows that for anectodal, its something someone else said that I dont even agree with!

Interesting thoughts. Nice to hear everyones conflicting reports. :)

My parameters are fine but I will give some of those a try.

Maybe I will try and feed directly as I never have in the past. I am by no means worried about the bubble, I just want it to look like it did the first year or two I had it. :)