New Member Downhill_Biker's 72 Bow Mixed Reef

downhill_biker

Hi everyone! I am excited to have found this site and to get to know some of the local reefers in the Eugene area. I really enjoy the hobby, and like many others, I am an addict. That is the first step to recovery, but I dont want to recover!!!

I am, most likely, one of the younger and biggest members. I am 6'9" tall and about 300lbs. I was raised in Sandpoint, Idaho, and moved here with my fiance for college. I am 22 years old, and have been into fish since 5th grade, into salt tanks for 3 years, and into reef tanks for 1 year.

This is my mixed reef tank.

The Lighting is 760w 10k MH and actinic CF made by odyssea(very happy with the light)

Protein Skimmer

36w UV sterilizer

rena x3 Canister Filter(cleaned every other day)

No sump

2x koralia 4 powerheads

Here's the pics:

One month ago:

IMG_2293.jpg

Now:

IMG_2469.jpg

IMG_2475.jpg

yeah thats a tomini tang. it is one of my favorites. i got it from aquaserene, and i just love the fish. i usually dont like to buy fish there because i get so much disease from them, but after some QT it was ready to go.

My stocking list:

Tomini Tang

Regal Tang

Flame Angel

Royal Gramma

Rainford's Goby

Green Chromis

4 Stripe Damsel

Gold/Maroon Clown

thanks for all of the warm welcomes. i really think that i will like it here, and think that this will be an excellent source for new and interesting corals, hopefully. i also have some new pics from today. i just got some new corals and they are really neato...of course i will have to wait until tomorrow to post them so that the lights are on and the camera will focus.

thanks again. people in this area are so friendly. i think that it will be nice to post a thread and not get bashed for not knowing how something works. i think that we should be in this together, and to learn, and many times on reef central people bash others. its just nice to be in the presence of so many friendly people.

no troubles with the flame nipping corals. i think that one of the biggest tricks is to keep it fed well. i feed 2x daily about 15 minutes apart in the morning. all of my fish are healthy, not fat, and not thin.

i know that i must keep an eye on that fish, but hopefully we can have a good relationship and keep the fish for a long time. anyone who wants to can come view my tanks. just let me know with a pm and we can set up a time. i am a busy student who also does millwright work full time, so schedule is limited, but would love to show my stuff off.

Welcome

So what if your 6 foot 9", I could take you on any day. I could beat the crap out of your belt buckle!

Anyone that sends a PM to Randy Farley-Boy Holmes to see if what I said is BS can't be trusted.

Your tank is looking good Curtis!

Yes, most of the people here are nice...except for me.

Welcome!

i can agree with that. algae is a good name for you, you're needed in society, but often are a pain in the butt. you are more of a hair algae than a zooxanthellae or zoochlorellae.

thanks for the comments, just got some more riccordias. now i have 2 shrooms and 3 different color ric's. cant wait to show it to you in person.

spots are still there. i am actually thinking that it may be a response to iodine. i know iodine isnt needed, but i had some so i dosed anyway. a few people said this happened to them. so i will skip iodine for a month and if it goes away great. i may dose 1 more time with iodine just for experimentation.