Acrylic Magnets

Jay

Yeah I have that - it works okay, but not as good as I had hoped. I ended up using the edge of a piece of acrylic to scrape off the thicker stuff. The edge of the algae dozer is actually good enough, it's just I had the 3/4" acrylic and a stronger magnet would have worked better - I think the M-3 model.

Wow those are spendy. Has anyone used the underwater scratch remover or any product that works for removing scratches underwater? Dont you hate it when you come home and someone else has helped themselves to clean your acrylic with your magnafloat and scratched the crap out of your tank? Oh yes...I was pissed

Jay

IMO there is no good magnet under $50. You need to buy an "Algae free" or Magnavore. Unless you have a small enough tank to use the tiny ones, you have to spend more than $50.

I then use the cheap white thick pads, cut them to size and use them between the magnet and the tank. Because the good magnets are nice and strong it works great. Then if you think you picked up a little rock or sand, you just chuck the pad and cut another.

IMO there is no good magnet under $50. You need to buy an "Algae free" or Magnavore. Unless you have a small enough tank to use the tiny ones, you have to spend more than $50.

I then use the cheap white thick pads, cut them to size and use them between the magnet and the tank. Because the good magnets are nice and strong it works great. Then if you think you picked up a little rock or sand, you just chuck the pad and cut another.

Hey where do you buy those white pads? I need to buy some but always wonder if they are safe to use.

Thanks

Jay