Zoos!!!

impur

very nice pickups

They remind me of those eclipse yellows everyone had to have about 8 months ago. And then they all melted away. (laugh) Hoping these don't.

Nice pickup bbatman. Those grow fast and look great, especially with a little actinic light over them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Do you like the 20K because of how they make the corals look, or is it because the corals like the 20K more?

I ask because I have always ran 20K, but after spending some time on RC exchanging alot of info regarding par readings from name brand bulbs to off brand, I pulled my 20K bulbs out and went back to the 15K just to see the difference. I have 4-65 watt actinics that really help bring out the color.

If it was only the 15K bulbs, well lets just say that color does not do it for me.

Ihave heard that the 20K bulbs make the colors more vivid but a 14K or 15K bulb will give better growth.

I cant believe the difference in PAR readings between the 20K and the 15K.

At the bottom oif my tank, which is 22 inches from the bulbs my 20K bulbs give me readings of 200-210, the 15K bulbs 400-410.

OMG

Those zoos look awesome by the way but when you mentioned how you love the 20K Radium I had to ask.

Do you know the PAR values for that bulb?

Tanks in advance

Those 3 last pics are from my display with t5s i'd say 15k is about the color

My sps look better and grow faster under the 20k radium softies and zoas do better under my t5s

I run geisemann actinic+, true actinic, and aquablue+ and uvl aquasun, blue+ and finally a 6500k GE