Zeovit Bandwagon

SamatSLS

Yeah with the corals I'm pretty sure it's just the K-balance though... My K+ was at 200 or so last Friday, I boosted it up on day 2..

The main thing with I've recognized is the clarity improvement. WOW! It's way better than it's ever been. Even better than the day after adding fresh carbon, changing the filter bag, and running UV like I did in the past.

I notice the slightest changes with this tank as it's been running for 3 years. The changes happening in the past week have been pretty exciting.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE... Tank is doing very well. Tested parameters last night, all is in check. Added 5 fish within the last week, so I was concerned with the trates, but all is well. SPS polyp extension is great, colors are good but not much "better". It's only day 18, so I shouldn't be expecting much. The tank is starting to balance out though, and I didn't lose a single coral in the chemistry transition of zeovit.

Stability of the PH has been improving too: Swinging from 8.05 - 8.18 from morning to evening.

Currently dosing : .2ml of Zeostart2 twice daily, 2 drops Zeobak 3x week, 2 drops Food7 3x week, and Pohl's Coral Vitalizer 3 drops per day. Pumping the zeolite reactor 15x twice daily/running at 50GPH, kneeding the carbon daily.

I would if I had a good camera with macro lens. If anyone is willing to come over and snap a few for me, that would be awesome.

The camera I have is a 7.2 MP Sony something or another, but I can't even seem to get a good full tank shot. I can take a decent pic I guess, but it doesn't really do it justice.... I'll read the manual tonight, maybe there are settings to adjust to make the pictures decent.

Anybody have any quick tips on settings for a standard digital camera? I'm totally lost when it comes to photography.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, please Joel! I'll find you the distributor. I would love to be able to avoid the mail ordering.

-Sam

Sam, I purchased one of each kit from Elos, Im going to give them a try and then order for inventory. I spoke with Jesse at Elos for an hour and a half about there products. Seems like there are a lot of good products Ill be bringing in.

Elos has all there batches of test kits tested by an independent lab to insure accuracy. They also are shipped and stored in a temperature controlled environment. I learned that the reagents in any test kit deteriorate very quickly above 80 degrees. How many people do you think have left these things sitting on a halide ballast, or in their car while shopping in the summer?

Elos is a top notch.... I know you'll be happy with the items you bring in. Let me know when you have a KH, CA, and MG kit available. I'll need all 3 in a little while.

While you're at it, see what a System 60 Marine goes for.... Minus the skimmer.

Not serious, just curious.

Well, let's see. Overall, looking great.

Last Friday, performed my first Zeolite exchange. Bumped it up to .75L of rocks. Also began dosing 1ML Amino Acids LPS/daily. Also swapped out the carbon, and did a 10% water change. All other dosing is the same as before. Nothing to major to report as far as growth goes, but corals are very happy. Polyp extension is great, and colors are good.

I did lose one colony, but I'm not sure what to think, cause everything else looks great. It was a colony I got from a LFS, the day it came in. It looked good for a few days, then RTN took place. Every other piece of SPS in pristine, and parameters are good, so who knows.

• 1 month later...