Hey guys and galls! I'm new!

mrjoshua82

Hey everyone,

I just recently joined pnwmas! I look forward to being a part of this organization. I am a new-b to marine aquariums and I have a 12gallon nano. Here is a not-so-great picture of our aquarium taken by my camera phone. I will provide a better pic and info on what I have soon. Let me know what you think:-)

post-2731-141867770479_thumb.jpg

Welcome aboard! Tank looks great and what mods have you done to it if any? I know there are a few things you can do to those. My son has one and it is great. But just give it time and you will be itching to go bigger(laugh) Once the bug bites look out there is no cureDOH!

hey thanks for the warm welcome:-) Thought I would let y'all know what's inside my tank...I was too tired to do it in my first post and it's not too clear from the pic. I have 2 true percula, 5 hermits, 3 sexy shrimp, 4 astrea snails, several hitchhiker stomatella snails, 1 rapidly growing pulsing xenia that will certainly have to be fragged soon, couple orange ricordea, several green striped mushrooms, a small yellow polyp colony, small zoanthid colony, and a partridge in a pear tree! The tank is relatively new (1.5-2months old) but everything seems to be loving life and thriving...so far so great. I may also add a flaming prawn goby if I can ever find one, but that will be the extent of the fish. I am looking forward to adding more corals and would appreciate any suggestions on corals that are good for nano tanks that will add diversity as well as color. Thanks

1 rapidly growing pulsing xenia that will certainly have to be fragged soon

Don't bother fragging the xenia. When it starts to get too big, it will split on its own. I started with one last year, and now have about 30. That does not include the many stalks that I have given to anyone that will take them. I am to the point where I am going to start flushing them down the toilet so they don't take over my tank.

Do you want some more??? You can have them for free. :)

dsoz

Don't bother fragging the xenia. When it starts to get too big, it will split on its own. I started with one last year, and now have about 30. That does not include the many stalks that I have given to anyone that will take them. I am to the point where I am going to start flushing them down the toilet so they don't take over my tank.

Do you want some more??? You can have them for free. :)

dsoz

(laugh) I discovered that as well, so i gave all mine away.

(laugh) I discovered that as well' date=' so i gave all mine away.[/quote']

Also did that with the yellow polyps to didnt you(whistle) I gave them away to after having them for a while(laugh) Well did save about 4 polyps for my sons tank. So far so good.

Dsoz if you want some yellow polyps can help you out so let me know.

Also did that with the yellow polyps to didnt you(whistle) I gave them away to after having them for a while(laugh) Well did save about 4 polyps for my sons tank. So far so good.

Dsoz if you want some yellow polyps can help you out so let me know.

Yep (laugh)(whistle) You wanted em though! They just grow so fast. Very cool looking but too much added work for me