nano sized sun corals

i bought a large sun coral a while back it was dying so i got a good deal. no surprise it was dying most people don't keep up on the maintenance. which honestly is easy. anyways after examining it it had evil tube snails that were killing it and 4 gorilla crabs eating it(scary). long story short i fragged it into 13 pieces. of those 13 12 made it. when i say nano i mean it. one of my grags has i polyp on it other have over 15. believe it or not i have found the sun coral to be a very fast growing coral and a couple of the frags have really started to take on new life. ive seen baby polyps pop up one night the size of a head on a pin. and i week later that same head will almost be the size of a pencil eraser. so you could get one that has like 3 little heads on it and in notime it could be tripple or more polyps on it.

the key is feeding them i feed every night. dissolve brine shrimp cube and feed it wait till it opens and feed again. it may be to much fro some people but it is really worth it one you see them start to progress and the beautiful pinks and yellows. they need medium water flow. and light is not necessary they dont photosynthisis.

im gonna keep prob 3 or so for myself. but i need to get rid of the rest there taking up room and 12 frags is a lot of mouths to feed every night. like i said they would be great for a nano tank.

price is nothing. you can trade me a tiny frag of something. that would be cool. but if you don't have anything and want one its ok.there all fragged to rock not plugs.

I can vouch for cra is saying. I got one of those cheapy 2.5g tanks from walmart, threw out the hardware and slapped an aqueon filter on it and the tubatreas I have are excelling! It makes a great desk setup, I just threw some bristles, a hermit, and nass in there to clean up.

Sorry slip in on the thread, just thought I'd offer a plug!

gotta have food to live!!!! And people wonder why they don't thrive when they don't feed them. That would be like keeping sps with no lights. I guess some people probably don't research as much as they should before buying the animals they buy. Great point on daily feeding I also agree that it is a must. I use an ehiem auto feeder and feed coral freenzy and cyclop-eeze twice a day and now they open up about 15 mins before the feeder goes off. Who would of thought you could train a coral?!?!?!

• 1 year later...