Magnivore fluidised in sump filter

Jay

Ahh thats kinda nice no pump! One less thing to run. I wonder how effective they are. Seems like they would work rather well. Later Ryan

How can this have no pump? I see a stub at the bottom that looks like a hose fitting. In order to get a fluidized bed there needs to be water flow.

I was just starting to look for phosphate reactors. I saw one kinda like this on another website. I will need to look closer at this to see if this is the type of thing that I want.

dsoz

You can do the same thing with a canister filter and the best part is the pump is built into it.

Rich

I don't have a canister filter, but I do have lots of little powerheads just waiting to be used. A canister filter would be more money than one of these anyway.

dsoz

They are not reverse flow they are designed to just drain from the top down while it sits in your sump

Quote from the "click here for a closer look"

The Simplicity Chemical Reactor can be operated in two distinct modes:

MODE 1 - fluidizes up to 8 oz (225 g) of media at flow rates up to 100 GPH (378 LPH), and

MODE 2 - up-flows through up to 16 oz (454 g) of media at flow rates up to 500 GPH (1893 LPH).

It sounds like mode 2, up-flow, is a "reverse flow" otherwise how does it make a fluidized bed?

dsoz

Look around you can find used ones for cheap. I personally have 2 of them laying around that I need to get rid of.

Rich

I don't have a canister filter, but I do have lots of little powerheads just waiting to be used. A canister filter would be more money than one of these anyway.

dsoz