Lets talk monti eating nudis

impur

I know it works on me. If you get it on your hands, and don't wash it off right away, it will stain your hands, and it looks like rust (manganese oxide is the product, and it is brown colored).

When I gave you that large bottle, a lot (about 0.1 gram) spilled on my table where my tank is, and some on the floor. Every now and then I find a small grain that I did not get cleaned. More often than not I find it because I put my wet hand on it, and all of a sudden my hand is covered in purple (KMnO4), then there are brown spots where the speck of permanganate dust was.

Good luck with the mille frag. I would try a half strength dose first. One of those bottles in a 2L bottle of tank water.

dsoz

Thats what i'll do. I'll take pics too and let you know how it turns out.

• 3 weeks later...

I have these nudis. I see them on 2 of my corals and have removed one of them but I dont want to loose my purple cap coral. I am going to read through this thread but if anyone can tell me how to rid them I would like to know. So far they are only on 2 of the corals that were right next to each other but who knows.

Jay

Jay- you can have some potassium permanganate. It may be a couple of days before I can get it to you, but you are more than welcome to have some.

If you want, you can give me some more of those moon zoas in exchange. I was QT all my zoas because of zoa-eating-nudis, and the heater thermostat fell out of the tank, so the heater kicked on and cooked all my zoas (93+ degrees before I found it). The moon zoas were my only fatality so far. Several zoas had some deaths, but there is at least one individual still opening up from each color that I had.

dsoz