overflow box

gmiller

Does anyone out there know how to plumb the overflow box so in a power failure it does not lose the siphon and it does not need an aqualifter? I saw a picture of an overflow somewhere but could not see how it worked, and the article said the siphon would resume when the pump came back on. Thanks. Gary.

That whole thing scared me. I have it dialed in on my tank with precise measurements of water volume in my sump. I use two internal overflows with external durso's that feed either side of the sump. I drilled a small hole in the very top of the return line, just immediately below the water line. Should the power fail, this hole supplies enough air to help actually break the siphon. I then have my two loc-line return heads about 2" below the water. By the time the main display gets that low, it sucks in enough air and completely breaks the siphon and all flow stops! Again, took time but I got it down to a science!

Good luck with your overflow.

Kris

My U tube lost syphon every poweroutage, it was kinda lame.

I run an exteranl duroso now too. My return is plumbed up over the top of the tank. I drill a small syphon break in the loc line just below the waters surface, I think they're 1/8". That way i can have the output anywhere I like and not worry about the back syphon. :D