Downsizing

spectra

Well took down the 90 and sent it on its way this past weekend(sad) Well here is the replacement until my other cube is all ready to go together. I actually kind of like it and might have to keep it just for a specialty tank or something. Ok so here are the details Oceanic 30 gallon Cube that has changed hands a few times on this board(laugh) Had Sol build me a sump and worked out killer and am running a way to big skimmer (but it fits in the sump) also have 2 reactors on running carbon and the other phosban. Light is a Aqua Medic 250 DE HQI W/Pheonix 14K bulb. I built a little hanger for it as I did not want ot hang it from the ceiling as my wife would have shot me. Return pump is a small Ehiem but did not want major flow through the sump instead I have 2 modded Tunzes that will move things around. Only one in the tank now as the other is soaking in some vinegar. Also going to hook up a calcium reactor if I can find one that is not huge and a controller is maybe in the future also. Well here are a few shots of everything crammed on a rack am waiting for a rock to cure so I can glue it all in place. Oh also a shot of the skimmer for Impure (I know he like them(nutty)) All the pics were taken after feeding the Duncans and the Sun Coral so it is kind of cloudy and also stuff moving around that did not get eaten.

post-523-141867770016_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867770024_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867770027_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867770033_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867770036_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the props just can not wait till I get my rock in there. Stopped buy SWF today and it still smells a little so hopefully will be cured soon. I hate looking at a plastic rack in thereDOH!'

And Ryan hit it on the head its a Yasha Hasha and its a cool little fish it loves to just hang out and also hides with the Jawfish I have in there.

As for the skimmer it is a Octopuse knock off made by PCI. I picked it up at Waves for my 90 and loved the way it worked on it so what the hell it fit in the sump so am using it. Would like to find a little smaller one but not sure how long this tank will be up and running. If I keep the tank will definately get a smaller one as it is right on the edge of the sump and if it overflows it will go out of the sump and that would not be good.

Well finaly got some rock today. Ended up not getting the one big one as I figured it would not fit(flame) It was a real nice rock but might just have to save it for my 60 cube(clap) Well ended up with about 30 pounds of rock from Patrick at SWF (Thanks!!!) And it is sweet looking stuff if you ask me(rock2) There are actually about 4 to 5 pcs in there but you can not really tell. It only took me about 4 hours to figure out how to put everything in and still am not really satisfied(cussing) Would like to figure out a few other places to put stuff but I kind of have to much as it is now(cant believe I just said thatDOH!) Need to let everything grow out a little and see how it looks. Well here are some pics with the crappy camera cant afford a good one fish stuff costs to much(laugh)

post-523-141867738445_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867738448_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867738451_thumb.jpg

Looks good. What exactly did you make your light hanger out of? I used a piece of electrical conduit (galvanized steel) and had it bent into a 90 degree and painted it black. added some eye bolts and black chain and worked great. But I like the looks of yours better! lol

I used some .120 1"x1" square tubing. I rolled it on a machine I have at work then figured out what I wanted it to look like and welded it all togehter. I do fab work so that kind of work is the easy part for me.

Looking awesome! I love your rockwork. It's going to look great when everything starts to fill out' date=' good job.[/quote']

Thanks but it probably wont have time to fill out(laugh) This is kind of a starter tank(whistle) I pulled my 90 apart and set this up thinking it would work well it needs to be bigger as there is just not enough real estate in it for corals and stufDOH! So am having a 24x24x24 cube made as that is the tank I originaly wanted to build. Can not wait for the other cube to take shape.

And as far as the rock work I like it and also hate it. I wanted another rock but would not be able to clean the tank as it was almost as wide as the tank. These rocks seem to work out but am having issues with puting frags on them as space is limited.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks! Was only three heads about 6 to 7 months ago when I picked it up from Jody. Hell now it is at least 12 to 15. Would like to frag it but I think the polyps are to close plus it looks to nice to frag.

I did pick up another frag of them today so we will see how they grow out. You can just see part of them in the sun coral shot.

Lookin good love the way that clown goby has made the whiskers his home. He obviuosly has good taste!! Acans look great also, anything that comes from perry always does. Did you get the new whiskers from him too??? Bet your just itchin to get a bigger tank. All of us always are it seems :) I think the black and white clown have to be my favorite you just don't see them as much and I love their little orange faces! Tanks looks awesome keep the updates coming!!

• 3 months later...

Well time for an update again. Things have been growing and have been fragging things when I can. Added a few new things and need to stop buying corals(scary) Hard to do with the market coming up next week(rock2) Have another tank in the works but need to do a little house renovation first or I will be in trouble(wife) Well here are the pics and thanks to all who have given me great deals on stuff(rock2)

post-523-141867739691_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867739694_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867739698_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867739701_thumb.jpg

post-523-141867739704_thumb.jpg

Scott, it was nice meeting you today and thank you very much for your frags. Your tank is alot nicer then in the pictures. I spend 4 hours to layout my tank and glue them together. Do you remember when before I left you asked me something about using PEROXIDE? and I told you yes I use it... at that time I was thinking of Hydrogen Peroxide that I used at work. What was that the thing that you showed me? and where can I get it?

Benny,

If it is what I was thinking it was Epoxy. And the purple stuff came from Waves. Not sure if they have it still so give them a call on Tuesday. Hope it all looks good in your tank and thanks for the compliment(rock2)