Live Food Culture Sale List

Closed all the other threads I had with items for sale since I have so many things going on. Will do my best to update this thread monthly with any changes to availability.

Individual threads may be linked with more details on certain subjects.

Mostly live foods for now. You name it, I'll figure it out. 

20240112_115029.jpg

Everything is grown locally in Portland by yours truly. 

Local Pickup: Portland (cross street - Oleson x Scholls Ferry)

Shipping: free on orders $30 or more. 

Phytoplankton Surplus: ($10 for 32oz)

- mystery blend of phytoplankton that I phase out between batches.                   -Proportions of species vary 

- at least 5 species 

Phyto Blend 10 species: ($10 for 16oz / $60 for 1gal) ($8 for 16oz / $50 for 1 gallon ) 

- equal ratio of  Chlorella, Nannochloropsis, Tetraselmis, Thalassiosira, Isochrysis, Rhodomonas, Porphyridium, Dunaliella, Phaeodactylum, Symbiodinium (A + B)

Pavlova , Chaetoceros , Pyrocystis

Zooxanthellae: ($20 for 16oz) 

-zoochlorella and Zooxanthellae for bleached corals. 

Color Enhance Phyto: ($15 for 16oz)

- red phyto to enhance pigmentation

Diatom Bloom: ($15 for 16oz)

- diatoms made for competing with cyano / dinos 

Pyrocystis Fusiformis: ($10 for 100mL)

- fun

Phytoplankton individual: direct message for details 

Copepod Benthic: ($20 for 16oz / $120 per gallon)

- Tigriopus, Tisbe, Apocyclops, Euterpina 

Benthic + Pelagic: ($30 for 16oz)  

- benthic listed above and Acartia, Pseudodiaptomus, Parvo

Individual Copepod species: ($15 for 16oz)

- Tigriopus, apocyclops, tisbe

Amphipod: Not Available 

Rotifers (L): ($8 for 16oz)

Rotifers (S): ($12 for 16oz)

Baby Brine: ($5)

Adult Brine Shrimp: ($10)

Purple Non Sulphur Bacteria: ($20 for 16oz / $80 per gallon)

White worms: ($5) currently troubleshooting

Black worms: ($5)

- starter culture 

Daphnia + Moina: ($10)

Cyclops + Diaptomus: ($10)

Greenwater: ($5 per gallon)

Ammonia Solution: ($8)

- ammonium chloride 

Phosphate Solution: ($8)

- potassium phosphate 

Nitrate Solution: ($8)

sodium nitrate

Macroalgae Fertilizer: ($10)

-Manganese, Iron, Molybdenum, Cobalt, Boron, Zinc, Nickel, Biotin, Iodide, Zinc, Potassium

Feel free to ask questions. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Eatfrenchfries changed the title to Live Food Culture Sale List

Any chance you could advise on a kit for seeding a new tank with the appropriate cultures?  Currently my tank (about 160 gallons total volume) is relatively unpopulated, but I would be happy to pick up a few things that would be a good addition to a new tank, and thought you might have a suggestion.

• Like 2

Feedback on phytoplankton: 

1. Shelf life of less than three months

2. Falls out of suspension. Becomes less motile but still viable for feeding. 

3. Strong sulfur smell develops when certain strains are added. 

Solution

1. The primary issue with putting multiple species of phytoplankton into a single container would be falling out of suspension->species die->bottle crashes via bacteria

To remedy this I have begun adding trace amounts of sodium alginate and citric acid to all phytoplankton blends to aid in suspension, shelf life, and prevent bacterial growth. 

2. I have narrowed down Rhodomonas salinas and Thalassiosira weissflogii to fall out of suspension the fastest. I am considering omitting them from the blend rotation. Them falling out of suspension is the a cause for bottle crash. More trials to be done.

- Any PNSB product will have sodium alginate added to maintain stronger suspension. 

(Picture: I will begin to have sea purslane propogated in full strength saltwater available soon. Grown with PNSB)

20240221_123925.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eatfrenchfries said:

Feedback on phytoplankton: 

1. Shelf life of less than three months

2. Falls out of suspension. Becomes less motile but still viable for feeding. 

3. Strong sulfur smell develops when certain strains are added. 

Solution

1. The primary issue with putting multiple species of phytoplankton into a single container would be falling out of suspension->species die->bottle crashes via bacteria

To remedy this I have begun adding trace amounts of sodium alginate and citric acid to all phytoplankton blends to aid in suspension, shelf life, and prevent bacterial growth. 

2. I have narrowed down Rhodomonas salinas and Thalassiosira weissflogii to fall out of suspension the fastest. I am considering omitting them from the blend rotation. Them falling out of suspension is the a cause for bottle crash. More trials to be done.

- Any PNSB product will have sodium alginate added to maintain stronger suspension. 

(Picture: I will begin to have sea purslane propogated in full strength saltwater available soon. Grown with PNSB)

Why do you need to grow the sea puslane with PNSB? sorry a bit out of the loop lol, other than that super cool!

On 1/31/2024 at 11:30 AM, Krux said:

Any chance you could advise on a kit for seeding a new tank with the appropriate cultures?  Currently my tank (about 160 gallons total volume) is relatively unpopulated, but I would be happy to pick up a few things that would be a good addition to a new tank, and thought you might have a suggestion.

I too would like to know what you suggest, I don’t have anything currently in my tank since I used dry rock from the start. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...