Has anyone used AFR in ato yet?

islandVib3s

2 hours ago, don_chuwish said:

You mean All-for-Reef? I'd be concerned about getting the right dose. I have it on dosers for two tanks and have to adjust the amounts as testing proves necessary.

Daily top off amounts vary throughout the year so it would be difficult to regulate.

Yea I realized that. Maybe I'll try a really low dosage if I give it a try. 

@islandVib3s the only thing you’d want in your ATO would be Kalk. Even then that’s not really the best way to dose it as ATO amounts change with weather. 

best practice is dosing through a doser. Even a $30 Jebao doser that’s calibrated is better than trying to guess right amounts through ATO. 

Do your tank a favor and use proven methods to keep it stable. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaveZ said:

@islandVib3s the only thing you’d want in your ATO would be Kalk. Even then that’s not really the best way to dose it as ATO amounts change with weather. 

best practice is dosing through a doser. Even a $30 Jebao doser that’s calibrated is better than trying to guess right amounts through ATO. 

Do your tank a favor and use proven methods to keep it stable. 

I think you identified my problem lol. I've been hooked up to my ato this whole time. Time for a change over. Thx man.

• Like 1