Are these clams healthy?

Cobalt

my concern is the mantel reaching skyward. I thought it was supposed to be against the shell. My squamosa and the tiger strip i got from coker do not stretch skyward like the maxima and crocea are. However they are both more light intensive so perhaps they want more light. I moved them up in my tank. Before they were 13in from a 150W HQI, now they are 11in and 6in away. we'll see how they react.

It could just be your water also. My pics are from last week around tuesday or so when ever I posted to sell them. I have had the clams for over 8 months and they showed great growth and were very healthy. I would appreciate you not associate my name with clam troubles before even giving them a chance to settle in. All Im saying is that these clams were healthy up until the point that I bagged them this morning so anything bad with this may just be on your end.

Didn't mean to offend you, I can understand how it sounds like I was implying you sold me clams that weren't healthy, but in the other thread you clearly marked the clams sold to me so I figured it wasn't a secret, and I wasn't trying to imply blame. I'm just being hyper sensitive because I lost one clam a while back and it did the same thing, and I was not able to see you clams upfront before being disturbed. Not the best way to buy marine life but the price was a bargain and I trust people on these boards.

I'll give them a day or two to settle in and repost then.

Again you insult me by implying that I would sell you damaged goods intentionally. Why dont you just leave it at you are just being hyper sensitive. And now it sounds more like the problems are from you rather than me as you just clearly stated you have lost clams before and they did the same thing when they went into your tank. If you dont want them sell them to Scott(spectra) and I know for [language filter] sure he'll take them if you are to be ungreatful. I told you that it was a super deal because I needed to move them out not because they are damaged and it wasnt a secret that I sold them to you and they obviously looked healthy today as they were open when you got them. I posted those pictures on tuesday and I took them on tuesday. They didnt go downhill that effin fast. You should have asked me first or called me or at least answered my call before trying to rub my name in the dirt. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Uh - as an outsider to the deal, I think Coker you might be taking it to seriously. When I read the posts it didn't sound like Cobalt was implying you sold him anything bad at all. He even went as far as to say he knew it was a kick *** deal, and that he trusts people on the board. I'd almost say that your reply was more damaging than anything Cobalt said. And that's too bad :( I bought some SPS from you a while back, and the purple/green acro is kicking some serious *** - but seeing how this clam question was handled is a little saddening.

Wow I really don't think Cobalt is being rude in any manner. If anything you are being hyper sensitive about the situation! Clams do die and it can happen unexpectedly and with no change! I had mine in a tank for 4 - 6 months and one day the first closed up and opened dead.... This happend to the other 2 about a month later as well. I'ts not like he was calling you out saying your clams suck, because they obviously don't! they are beautiful looking clams! I wish i would have had money cause I would have bought all of them! They do need time to adjust to the change, especially with the lighting change and the water change. I mean heck if you threw someone in the woods that had never been in the outdoors how do you think they would feel? Personally i would be freakin out too! But ALL live stock does take a little bit to adjust to the new surroundings. Just let them be for awhile, and see what happens.

Ok lets end the drama! I have bought stuff from Curtis and his livestock is great never had a problem. As for Cobalt have not bought anything but I would at least let the clams aclimate to the tank for a while then post up. How long did you aclimate the clams? I have always done mine for a good few hours before tossing them into the tank. Also not saying who is right or wrong just lets do this through pms or ? Also by the pics posted by Cobalt the clams look good. Just my 2 cents(whistle)

Hell I am new to granted 10 yrs ago when I was into it a clam was real spendy and there was no internet to go to either. I have just recently got back into the hobby and when I bought my clam at the LFS 50 dollars was alot so treated it like gold(laugh) Although I think it is at least a 100 dollars everytime you go to the store.

Back to the clams -- it could also be that there is more flow in your tank than the clams are used to. I found when I upped my flow my clams' mantles also tended to float upwards like that. They repositioned themselves slightly and went back to normal in a day or two.

ok, thanks for the comments everyone, i'll trust they are ok. They should have enough light as they at real close to the 150W HQI. in a previous life I had a 24in deep tank ith a 250W halide and the maxima's mantel never stretched upward so maybe that is a sign of adequate light. That was before stream pumps were pervasive so that was lower flow then too.

clams are settling in and colors look great. here are some photos I just snapped.

crocea

web.jpg

same but from side

web.jpg

maxima

web.jpg