Yellow Fiji coloration

junior

I've been busy and neglecting my tank, but finally getting back to it. Unfortunately as most know ignoring them doesn't end well. Had to trim back a lot of dead areas on corals, but one is annoying me. The rest will recover quickly.  

Well over a decade ago I had yellow Fiji and was always able to get great color. 

Added the one pictured about 2 years ago, bought from cuttlefish as a yellow figi leather for a premium price, and it mainly just sat on a back edge behind my rock work since then. I moved it up to its current spot in the hopes of generating that intense yellow I had in the past but its been there for 6 months and only a light yellowish color. Par is 250-300 in that area at peak of day. 

Almost considering pulling it, if its going to stay dull. 

Are the old fiji's just gone and these new ones just this boring barely yellow?

IMG_0647.JPG

IMG_0648.JPG

Thank you for the info and appreciate the help.

May have to find it a new home because its in a high demand spot and is now 9-10" across. I was running 18-20ppm nitrates and .1-.12 phosphates for a bit because I didn't have time for it the tank and still didn't get much color. Higher nutrients of course started to dull the sps and I have since slowly dropped back to 4-5ppm nitrates and .05 phosphates. 

Edited by junior

What lighting are you using?  Many years ago I had one under 10-14k halides that was bright yellow.  Could it be possible that they don't get that intense yellow color under bluer leds?

I think that might be a possibility. I run an LED hybrid set up but stay on the higher end of kelvin.