ALK uptake halted for some reason?

The ReefBox

So I have 140 gallon tank that has been set up for about 3 years it is SPS dominant. I have 40-50 small to med colonies and a couple larger ones I have about 17 fish total. As of about two weeks ago I noticed on my trident my alk and ca were creeping up each day so have been backing off my doser. I use ESV bionic. Prior to this I was dosing about 140 ml per day Alk and 150 Ca I am now at 50 and 60 respectively 

my parameters 
alk 9.1
Ca 430
Mg 1440
No3 10
Po4 .049
Salinity 1.025
Temp 78.1

I run 3 gen4 pro 30’s with t5 blues on the Ab+ program, 4 mp 40’s for flow, I use a small amount of GFO to keep Po4 down and change it every 2-3 weeks. I do water changes twice a month (20%) I dose via GHL 2.1 (calibrated last month) monitor everything and control with Apex and Trident. Feed fish one to two times daily and ME CORALS aminos every other day 7 ml. My growth has always been a little slow but now it’s non existent and uptake has really slowed down.

can somebody point me in the right direction as to what can be happening or what else to ck. I am pulling my hair out. I did have an alk swing last month with a few burned tips, corrected the issue over a few days time. I do have a potters angel that nips (he is going in tank swap soon) but has been in the tank for two years. Any input is appreciated

All tests verified against Salifert and Hanna

I had a similar issue a few months back, followed by anemones splitting, algae bloom, brown jelly like issues on torches and losing a few of my favorite frags. I feel your pain and I’m sorry you’re dealing with that. 

What I found out from my searches was that it is a stress response in the corals from the original alk swing. It’s a delayed reaction that lasts a couple weeks. I did have minor success with dipping in revive with some of the lps and sps. In my opinion, you just need to give them time to heal. I also upped my feeding and added phyto which helped, but may have been unrelated and a healthy change after the fact. 

28 minutes ago, reef-fisher said:

I had a similar issue a few months back, followed by anemones splitting, algae bloom, brown jelly like issues on torches and losing a few of my favorite frags. I feel your pain and I’m sorry you’re dealing with that. 

What I found out from my searches was that it is a stress response in the corals from the original alk swing. It’s a delayed reaction that lasts a couple weeks. I did have minor success with dipping in revive with some of the lps and sps. In my opinion, you just need to give them time to heal. I also upped my feeding and added phyto which helped, but may have been unrelated and a healthy change after the fact. 

I haven’t lost anything and it’s been about a month now.  I assumed my Po4 had risen as it is usually what I notice immediately when my uptake slows.  My tank is 50 plus sps colonies so removing and dipping not happening at this point.   I appreciate your response and agree. Could just be time. I’m thinking of calling water comp to see if they added chloramines or anything recently. My TDS is zero 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about this, Brian. It’s such an awesome tank I’m sure it’s painful to see it go sideways a bit. 

Only other thing maybe is a change in pH compared to what it’s used to? Have you checked the ph log on the apex recently?