Presidential Resignation

Higher Thinking

Hey everyone,

This past week I've been able to evaluate the overall direction of the club and unfortunately that is a direction I don't want to pursue. As opposed to a majority of the board members, I don't believe the idea of more virtual interactions, outdoor only meetings, mask only meetings, or anything else along those lines, is the right direction for club. I am by no means unsympathetic to the seriousness of Covid, I just believe each person should be able to assess the risks themselves and act accordingly. 

I continue to wish nothing but the best for PNWMAS, but I officially resign. 

Andrew 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Higher Thinking said:

Hey everyone,

This past week I've been able to evaluate the overall direction of the club and unfortunately that is a direction I don't want to pursue. As opposed to a majority of the board members, I don't believe the idea of more virtual interactions, outdoor only meetings, mask only meetings, or anything else along those lines, is the right direction for club. I am by no means unsympathetic to the seriousness of Covid, I just believe each person should be able to assess the risks themselves and act accordingly. 

I continue to wish nothing but the best for PNWMAS, but I officially resign. 

Andrew 

I'm sorry to hear that, Andrew.

To be clear, none of us on the board want to be stuck with virtual meetings, or outdoor only meetings forever. The club does need to respect the state Covid rules and require masks indoors at meetings for as long as they remain.

The reality is that we are back to 1,500+ Covid deaths per day nation-wide and Oregon hospitals are at a breaking point. It is what it is. As I have tried to communicate to everyone on the board, I think that we will have a better spring, once kids under 12 are vaccinated and I think club activities will be able to get more back to normal then

Thanks for your contributions to the club as president, especially the time that you put into researching the Fragfest. Hopefully, we can put your work to good use in March or April when we reschedule it.

I wish you the best of luck in keeping you and your family safe in all of this.

Best,

Andy

• Like 3