Fan set-up in hood?

siskiou

If you don't have one yet the SilenX fans are the bomb diggity! Way quieter then any other an I have ever owned. They even have ones with LED lights ( I don't have that one but they look quite cool, I kinda want one, O.K. I want 2).

I setup my entire 30g to be as quiet as possible. I did kind of to good of a job, 3 feet away I have to look over to see the tank is running. It's a good thing, but . . . white noise is cool too.

Anyhoo the SilenX produce great air flow and are virtually silent. I'd recommend it.

Back to the topic, all my fans take the hot air and point it out. I bought one of the those Sunpaq light fixtures 8 years or so ago and it was setup like that so that's what I always did. Never had a fan quit. JME

HTH

Here's a large local supplier I buy my pc accessories from. They have tons of fans and decibles are listed on each product. Their prices are excellent and great CS. I didn't see the silentx there, but tons of led options. Went in last week after a year and the owner still remembered my name. I don't know what shipping is, but couldn't imagine they're unreasonable.

http://www.nwca.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=products.showGroup&GroupID=20

I picked up the fan and power supply at Waves. It's not the LED one so I can't vouch for there noise level but I'm pretty stoked on the one I got.

My new canopy has openings on the top so I thought of installing the fans pointing up and using the LED's as moonlights. Haven't tried it so really don't know if it would work, but it's worth a shot. I'll report back when I get around to seeing how it works. I have to rework my rock on that tank for the CL first. Then I'll get to the fans. Only so much time.

I picked up the fan and power supply at Waves. It's not the LED one so I can't vouch for there noise level but I'm pretty stoked on the one I got.

My new canopy has openings on the top so I thought of installing the fans pointing up and using the LED's as moonlights. Haven't tried it so really don't know if it would work, but it's worth a shot. I'll report back when I get around to seeing how it works. I have to rework my rock on that tank for the CL first. Then I'll get to the fans. Only so much time.

Please let us know how it goes. I am considering installing fans that way too.

ya ive been carrying Silenx for a while now, Ive been very very happy with them. I have never had any not work, be noisy or anything.

The 4" models move 72 CFM at 14db, its UNTOUCHABLE by any other fan. If you hold this fan at arms length, you simply cant hear it.