DOS AWC won't start

Trailermann

I have all the APEX automation gear for my first sizeable tank and now I want to put it all into action.  

COR 20, 2 each DOS, 2 each WAVs (all via 1Links), Tunze ATO, Octo 110 skimmer, 25 watt AquaUV,  Kamoer FX-stp running ARID Pax Bellum 24, KLIR7 filter roller, heater, and Vertex Ex-C 6D  Calcium Reactor. 

So far, I am using the  EB8 outlets via Fusion to turn on and off the return pump, two power heads, heater and skimmer.  But I cannot get the AWC up and running.  I have calibrated the DOS, and programmed it for 10 gallons a week per Apex instructions. But the program does not run.  Attached are the DOS profiles.

Every time I read the Get Started Guide and the DOS Users Manual, I get more confused.  For example, there are these Testing your Pump and Profile instructions which I want to follow:

"Using the web pages, modify a spare profile and enter the following data: Profile Name – ‘dostst’ Control Type – Select ‘Dose’ Dose Rate – 60 mL Per Dose Amount (mL) – 5 Dose Interval (s) – 31 Number of Doses – 2."  But I don't know what a "web page" is and do not know how to find a spare profile.

My next step is to reread the Comprehensive Reference Manual and all your Tutorials for the fourth or fifth time.  Hopefully now that I am actually trying to run the stuff, I will better understand what I am reading.  School's nearly out, now the real APEX world is in front of me.

DOS MOdify interval.jpg

DOS interval Summary.jpg

Using DOS Profiles and programming is the old way to do it.  Instead, it's much simpler to just run the DOS Automatic Water Change task in Fusion:

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 4.54.25 PM.png

The DOS User Guide was written before Fusion Tasks were invented, so it's outdated.  In Fusion, just go to the Tasks list and click DOS Automatic Water Change, then follow the on-screen instruction.

• Like 1

Thanks for the guidance.  Yes, the Tasks were super easy as you said.  But after doing this with Tasks for one gallon, I went back to Fusion, Outlets, NSW (and OSW) and the Schedule looked exactly like I had set up before.  I will put a catch bucket under the old salt water drain line now and see tomorrow if anything changes.

24 minutes ago, Trailermann said:

Thanks for the guidance.  Yes, the Tasks were super easy as you said.  But after doing this with Tasks for one gallon, I went back to Fusion, Outlets, NSW (and OSW) and the Schedule looked exactly like I had set up before.  I will put a catch bucket under the old salt water drain line now and see tomorrow if anything changes.

Are the two DOS output sliders set to AUTO on your Fusion dashboard?

27 minutes ago, Trailermann said:

There are no DOS sliders on my dadhboatd

I'm confused...The screenshots you showed above are for modifying a DOS interval, which you typically access by clicking the gear icon on the DOS output slider on the desktop.  How did you get to it otherwise?

If the tiles are not on the dashboard, then follow these steps to add them:

1. Click the padlock icon on your Fusion dashboard to unlock it.  That will reveal the Unused Tiles window at the top of the screen. 

2. Scroll left to right to find the DOS tiles, then click and drag them down onto the dashboard. 

3. Click the padlock icon again when done.

Once the tiles are on the dashboard, set them to AUTO.  Otherwise it will never run according to the schedule.

I went to Outputs, then NSW/OSW to get Schedule.  Then hit gearbox to get Interval information which I used for the screen shots.

Just finished following your dashboard set up instructions.  Success.  I am confident that my AWC will work as intended.  Super thankful.  .../and I will read all documentation and tutorials.  Mandatory reading!