Anemone spawning event

half-astronaut

1 hour ago, Oregonic said:

I have a handful of little baby flower nems too. Hard to get a good picture where they are located in the tank. Seem to only be white ones and orange ones. I didnt think they would last but they have been in the tank for at least 3.5 months now. 4F2A6589-A6AA-4198-9DB9-6C8FDA54E9CE.thumb.jpeg.bb5e5d3010b8c51cb262b080cf3d3d75.jpeg

Are you feeding them? What colors are the parents?

Edited by half-astronaut

2 hours ago, half-astronaut said:

Are you feeding them? What colors are the parents?

Im not directly feeding them. They spawned in my previous tank before I took it down. We ended up setting up a small 10 gallon tank for a yellow clown goby that that I didnt want in the new big tank because he was nipping sps. They hitch hiked in on a rock from that had been in the sump of my old tank.  I had 3 flower nems in the old tank, a pink skirt with blueish purple center, a white skirt with orange center (much like several of the babies) and a dark green skirt with bright green center. I had seen the pink one spawn several years ago but never saw any babies. I must have missed the last spawning. The little tank they are in has pretty high nutrients and fairly low light, just kind of letting nature take over the tank to see what happens. Just a few mushrooms, zoa/palys and some interesting algaes I never noticed growing in my last tank. Im assuming the nems are eating pods, the tank has tons of pods in it.