Optimal Lighting for IM 20 Gallon peninsula and SPS

jurgeofthejungle

Hello All,

I am about to get the Innovative Marine 20 gallon peninsula tank, and wanted to see if anyone had opinions on what the optimal lighting would be.  I do not want to be restricted on not being able to grow SPS anywhere in the tank.  The tank dimensions are Display Dimensions: Length 11.8” Width: 27.03” Height: 13”.  I have a couple of ideas that vary in price, I don't  want to needlessly spend too much money but really want a super quality set up. 

1) (2-3) AI Prime HDS - Seems to be most cost effective not sure if it would be strong enough to grow SPS everywhere

2) (2) Hydra 32 HD - I like this set up the most in case I got a bigger tank I feel like getting more  hydra 32's is easier to scale up.

3) (2) Radion XR 15 G5 pro's - this is the most expensive set up, I am not sure how these directly stack up against the AI primes, is the extra money really worth it??

Please let me know what you guys think.

Thank You,

George

ATI Powermodule would also be a good choice. I had a 4 bulb over my 20 but it was a mixed reef. 6  x 24 would be perfect. 

You also may want to consider Reefi. I am going to try out his light on the grandkids SR60 as soon as I get the mount but Daniel is local and super helpful with problem solving. 

It looks

3 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

ATI Powermodule would also be a good choice. I had a 4 bulb over my 20 but it was a mixed reef. 6  x 24 would be perfect. 

You also may want to consider Reefi. I am going to try out his light on the grandkids SR60 as soon as I get the mount but Daniel is local and super helpful with problem solving. 

It looks like the ATI pwermodule is discontinued, also I cant hang the lights have to be tank mounted.

I think i have whittled it down to either (3) AI Primes or (2) Hydra 32's.  My only concern is if (2) hydras is to excessive because I have seen people use that set up on much larger tanks.

Also in the video on the primes I feel like he is stressing its more optimal for Soft and LPS tanks.

1 hour ago, Emerald525 said:

2nd for powermodule! I have a 36" 8b hybrid fixture over my 4' 120g and I've got sps in the corners practically on the sand. Hands down my favorite light fixture of all time.

I cant speak much of ai as the only lights I've used from them were nearly 10 years old. Ecotech radions are unbelievable lights, will pull insane colors out of sps. 

Reefi is definitely a good option worth considering. Havent used any reefis personally but they put out similar/ maybe better spectrum and spread in comparison to ecotech, the fixtures are super sleek and nice looking, and the lights have virtually no light spill. The display at cuttlefish is lit with reefis, and theres some super nice sps in there just on the sandbed.