Eugene's 300 Gallon Cemetary

ahreno

thanks Mr. Dong... unfortunately' date=' i dont have any corals left... just some green star things... not sure if they're going to pull through or not... you're welcome to come take a look if you like...[/quote']

lol Mr. Dong :D

Well, I am looking for some green star polyps. Maybe I should pay you a visit if not just to check out your setup.

you're both more than welcome to come by and all i ask for in return is to let me pick your brain! After 6 works best for me, but i can get away from work for an hour or so at any time as long as i know in the morning how to schedule my day... I live at the corner of 5th and almaden... and my cell is 285-6329... i think thursday night won't work for me, other than that i'm home (trying to fix up this house...)

Just wanted to say thanks to Nyles for stopping by last night... it looks like the tank is starting to pull out of the downward spiral... I skipped doing a water change tonight to watch levels as was suggested, it looks like i've gotten the amonia down from what looked like 2.0 down to .25 and hopefully it stays at that or drops more by tomorrow. I have 80-90 gallons filling with RO right now in case i need to do one last large water change this weekend.

so keep your fingers crosses that this is almost over with and i'll be able to start setting up my tank again soon with frags! I"m really debating rearranging some of the live rock on the right half of my tank...

the rock is nice, and i have no complaints about it other than the fact that the right side is loose, there were a couple times where i bumped it a bit and a piece fell down...

Took a water sample in to aqua serene (its closest to where i work) and the shorter guy there, whom i can never remember the name of, said the levels look good and he thought it would probably be ok to put new stuff in... i think i'm going to wait till saturday or sunday to see how the levels are and make sure theyre stable.

The short gentlemen is paul, he is the saltwater manager. While he is very knowledgable he wants his sales like most LFS's. I would be weary of stocking so soon. To be on the safe side, which with the ammount of money we deal with I try to stay on it) I would wait a week to make sure everything is all done and over it and ensure its running stable.

Glad to hear that your tank is starting to become stable.

Once it's all cleaned up its going to be a beautiful tank... I've learned this hobby will cost you a ton of money and a lot of time. But the enjoyment of having a chunk of paradise in your home is pretty hard to put a price on.