Zoas looking funky

Lazyreefer

47 minutes ago, CrazyInside said:

Looks like you are not getting enough light. When polyp’s extend like that they are trying to get closer to the light.  

Yea I feel you on that actually just about to post within the next week or so to see if anyone has a hydra hd I can buy to put on this 25 lagoon just gotta figure out which mount I want. But I was kind of more referring to the skirt area it’s like folded up on itself or something it looks like to me. 

29 minutes ago, Lazyreefer said:

Yea I feel you on that actually just about to post within the next week or so to see if anyone has a hydra hd I can buy to put on this 25 lagoon just gotta figure out which mount I want. But I was kind of more referring to the skirt area it’s like folded up on itself or something it looks like to me. 

biowarfare? maybe another softie shedding or something? You could try throwing carbon in...just a guess

3 hours ago, Burningbaal said:

biowarfare? maybe another softie shedding or something? You could try throwing carbon in...just a guess

I have a good amount of other softies so that could be effecting it. I was going to get my reactor set up and running some mixed carbon and gfo so maybe that’ll help. 

3 hours ago, Burningbaal said:

any change in water params in the past week or two? salinity swing? temperature? other params?

I think I maybe have been letting my salinity fluctuate to much to maybe the auto top off never stops in time in my little 25 lagoon so I have been just turning it on and off manually. 

24 minutes ago, Lazyreefer said:

the auto top off never stops in time in my little 25 lagoon so I have been just turning it on and off manually. 

One tip I got a while back, I think from @Jeremy if I remember right, that's really good in small tanks that don't have a return pump anywhere, or a very large return section, is you can put the two floats for the ATO on the same height, but stick the tube from the ATO pump under one of the brackets (the high-point one) so they are at very slightly different heights. This way they are only about 3/8" different in height (if you're using 1/4" tubing from the return pump) and you are likely to actually fill it 'on time'.

I can try to take a pic or draw something if that doesn't make sense.

13 hours ago, Burningbaal said:

One tip I got a while back, I think from @Jeremy if I remember right, that's really good in small tanks that don't have a return pump anywhere, or a very large return section, is you can put the two floats for the ATO on the same height, but stick the tube from the ATO pump under one of the brackets (the high-point one) so they are at very slightly different heights. This way they are only about 3/8" different in height (if you're using 1/4" tubing from the return pump) and you are likely to actually fill it 'on time'.

I can try to take a pic or draw something if that doesn't make sense.

Hmmm I’m having a hard time picturing what you’re saying. Definitely interested in anything that would help it it’s a tunze auto top off btw.

Hmmm I’m having a hard time picturing what you’re saying. Definitely interested in anything that would help it it’s a tunze auto top off btw.
Hmmm it may not work as well with that ato. Mine is the jbj ato where the brackets hang on the edge of the tank. This picture shows the ato's water source line under one of the two brackets so it sits a tad higher that the other (they are both in the same position, so this is the only height difference).dbcd36a9055237cff79b06f38b51fbb3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk