WTB Live rotifers

Well I need to get some Live Rotifers. I'm going to order some tonight but it takes a few days before harvesting. I just found a clutch of eggs from my Maroon Clown fish and Lighting Clown Fish. I've never had this happen but will do my best to try to hatch them and keep them alive. I was able to grab some Rotiplex today but the eggs look like they will hatch any day now. 

I would recommend letting the eggs go and setup for the next round. They should lay next clutch in about 9-14 days. Once they start they are usually lay eggs in specific intervals. You will need plenty of live rotifers for the first 6-7 days. Around day 5 you can start adding freshly hatched brine shrimp. You should have 2 rotifer cultures to be safe, as sooner or latter culture will crash on you.

• Like 1

Yeah I feel bad so I did go grab a 10 gallon tank will try and see how the rotiplex will work since I already bought a bottle of it. I thought my clownfish were no longer happy since I put them in a lagoon tank with my bubble tips. They were hiding in a cave and as I was catching them to take them to find a better home I found out they laid eggs.  But I did order reef nutritions rotifer grow kit. Will see how this works.  

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxrNIaiDkzM/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

On 5/20/2019 at 2:11 PM, What_The_Frag said:

Yeah I feel bad so I did go grab a 10 gallon tank will try and see how the rotiplex will work since I already bought a bottle of it. I thought my clownfish were no longer happy since I put them in a lagoon tank with my bubble tips. They were hiding in a cave and as I was catching them to take them to find a better home I found out they laid eggs.  But I did order reef nutritions rotifer grow kit. Will see how this works.  

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxrNIaiDkzM/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Looks like they were actually pretty happy and content lol! So I take it you decided to keep them? Lightning Maroon's are stunning fish, always loved Maroon's too. I'm sure you'll need extra tanks if you decide to try raising them, I have a spare new 10 gallon if you want it it's yours. It has a screen lid with it, think I even have some extra small filters and a 50 watt heater. I think some people use sponge filters for fry tanks but I've never tried raising Clownfish fry myself. Let me know and if you want it I can bring it with me Saturday when I stop by. I tried giving it to someone else but I guess they didn't want it, I'm trying to find homes for some extra stuff I have laying around so my husband will stop complaining 😀

Edited by TaylorW

6 hours ago, TaylorW said:

Looks like they were actually pretty happy and content lol! So I take it you decided to keep them? Lightning Maroon's are stunning fish, always loved Maroon's too. I'm sure you'll need extra tanks if you decide to try raising them, I have a spare new 10 gallon if you want it it's yours. It has a screen lid with it, think I even have some extra small filters and a 50 watt heater. I think some people use sponge filters for fry tanks but I've never tried raising Clownfish fry myself. Let me know and if you want it I can bring it with me Saturday when I stop by. I tried giving it to someone else but I guess they didn't want it, I'm trying to find homes for some extra stuff I have laying around so my husband will stop complaining 😀

Thanks for the offer, I actually got a separate tank setup to try and hatch the eggs. I'm hoping they survive, we'll see how it goes...fingers crossed. 

• Like 1