29 Biocube LPS Setup (hobby hiatus)

Hi PNWMAS!

I have a very stable system that I've owned for about 6 years. It's time to take a break from the hobby and everything must go, preferably all at once. The system is built to be an LPS reef setup but it's currently beset with hair algae (though the inhabitants don't seem to notice). The system is designed for automation and having a small footprint. On about 10 occasions I've gone on a trip for 2 weeks and everything will be the same as when I left it (auto water top-off and auto feeder). I need to be maintaining it at least every couple weeks and I haven't been, so it's time to part with it. The ecosystem is perfect, just needs some TLC in terms of regular water changes and a few corals to bring it back to a beautiful reef tank. With the exception of the water top-off bucket, it's all self contained within the stand along with storing the maintenance items.

All-in for $225.  Feel free to part-out and turn a profit as long as everybody gets a good home.  Note the 50% discount for PNWMAS over Craigslist because PNWMAS is an organization for which I'll be forever grateful.

Pictures: portland.craigslist.org/mlt/hsh/d/happy-valley-29-gallon-oceanic-biocube/6840048517.html

Things that go in the water

- 2 ocellaris clownfish (~4 years old)
- Purple Pseudochromis (~4 years old)
- Pencil urchin 
- 2 LPS Corals
- There are still a few snails, a hermit crab, etc. 
- In the refugium section there are some tiny feather dusters and I know there's at least one brittle star, which indicates a relatively healthy system
- 15-20 lbs of live rock
- 20+ lbs of live sand 

Tank and stand
- 29 gallon Oceanic Biocube fishtank
- Black oceanic stand. The stand has sensors on the front and hooks/velcro on the doors to keep everything neat and self-contained

Food
- Automated pellet feeder. I have this feed the fish once a day. I reload it every few months.
- Extra frozen food. I rarely feed the fish with this.

Waterflow
- Wavemaker pump and controller. Customizable settings with the controller. I have it at on 1 second then off 1 second.
- Circulation pump
- Maxi-jet 1200 Return pump from sump (back part of tank)
- Eheim Compact 1000 (260 GPH). Was going to use this with the overflow system for automated water changes but I never hooked it up.

Water accessories
- AquaticLife RO Buddy for making purified water at home
- ATO Automatic water top-off (I fill the 5 gallon top-off bucket once every 3 weeks)
- TDS water purity tester
- Refractometer for testing salinity
- 3+ bags of Instant Ocean Reef Crystals
- Exact sized measuring cup and plastic funnel for making the saltwater
- 3 5-gallon jugs and 4 buckets
- Reef testing kits
- Reef chemicals

Skimmers (not required for this setup)
- Hang-on-back Aqua Remora. This one runs, but I basically never change it. I just use it for water movement
- Tunze Comline DOC Skimmer 9001. Could never get it to work quite right so it's not attached to the system.

Lighting
- Current LED light bar
- Current Rapid Timer Pro. This is timed so there is a gentle transition from dark-dawn-day and day-twilight-moonlight-night. Also has effects for clouds, lightning storms, etc.
- Magnetic refugium light ran on timer opposite daylight

Other
- Brand-new overflow box. I'd intended to use this for automating water changes, but I never finished hooking it up.
- Plumbing fixtures
- Extra Maxi Jet pumps
- Bunch of little things
- Clippers, scrapers, rake
- Day/night power strip timer
- Siphons

• 3 weeks later...