Dual Mp10s or Gyre in Reefer 170??

PowderBlue

Just setup my reefer 170 (huge thanks for kassah aka kori) now I’m debating whether to run dual Mp10s or a single gyre.

So what would you run and where would you place the mo10s if you chose that option? This is how I have them placed now both of reef crest mode. The tank is 24x20x20 ccade365d26d977922541758417d1bd7.jpg

If you can’t see the pumps, on is one the left side and the other is on the right side back panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not sure what kind of answer you are expecting, considering there no mention of what type of corals you are doing and where you intend to place those corals. With that information people could make a more informative suggestion. It would also help to know how powerful the return pump is. 

Not sure what kind of answer you are expecting, considering there no mention of what type of corals you are doing and where you intend to place those corals. With that information people could make a more informative suggestion. It would also help to know how powerful the return pump is. 

Makes sense sorry should have put some more info
Corals will be anywhere from Euphyllias to sps but will be heavily hammers, torches, Duncan’s. Obviously most of the hammers etc will be on the sand bed and sps on the rock pile with a few exceptions of something with movement on the rock here and there.
The return pump is a sicce 4.0 so 950gph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In that case at 34 Gallons, you only need 1 Mp10. Euphyllia absolutely hate direct/too much flow. I would put the MP10 on the left wall pointed towards the Rock, and have the Return pointed towards the rock to start out with. I run a Versa 42 LPS Tank with a vectra S1, and i had to take 1 of the MP10's offline with just too much flow even dropping their percentages way down with the WXM module.