Pipefish

SuncrestReef

Big thanks to Jeff @CuttleFishandCoral for ordering a pair of Dragonface Pipefish for me.  They are super cute, seem to be getting comfortable in my tank, and are already pecking at everything to suck up some pods.  My hope is that they will tackle the red bugs on my acros, but so far they have been laying low on the sand and lower rocks.  They're a fascinating addition to my tank.

IMG_5316.jpg

IMG_5317.jpg

IMG_5337.jpg

It's cool how their eyes rotate independently in every direction.  They remind me of a chameleon's eyes:

• Like 5

They're adorable 😍! Your tank looks beautiful as well, the colors so bright and pretty. My cell camera takes terrible pics, everything always looks so dull and blah. 😒

Edited by TaylorW
Forgot to add something
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, TaylorW said:

They're adorable 😍! Your tank looks beautiful as well, the colors so bright and pretty. My cell camera takes terrible pics 😒

Do yourself a favor and buy an orange filter for your phone.  It makes a huge difference.  This is what I used for these photos:

https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/smartphone-orange-gel-filter-aquarium-photography-lens-aquariclip/

• Like 1

Can't wait to see it in person tomorrow morning, I just realized your lights still might be off that early though... Super excited to pick up the anenome! Trying to get my personal tank all prettified again after getting corals for my daughter's tank.

Do yourself a favor and buy an orange filter for your phone.  It makes a huge difference.  This is what I used for these photos:
https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/smartphone-orange-gel-filter-aquarium-photography-lens-aquariclip/
[emoji10] wow that's a great price too!! I rarely post pics of my tank because the pictures rarely turn out well, they always either look too blue or dull. Thanks I'll definitely be investing in one, it's great to have someone actually show what things like this can do thank you

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

• Like 1