DisturbedReefer's Sickness Continues...

DisturbedReefer

The sickness continues...I just got my new addition up and running tonight, well technically last night(whistle) Here are a few shots shortly after I got it home Monday...

DSC_5853Large.jpg

DSC_5854Large.jpg

I built my stand with the thought of this very size in mind, I really wanted this tank, but the custom price tag was crazy $$$$ I got this one for a song and it is almost exactly what I wanted...well minus the holes in places I didn't want, but I can work around that(drinking)

Here is some of the prep work before getting it set up...

This tank has a hole on the bottom from the original owner (he had a closed loop) I redid the bulkhead and capped it...might use it some day but not now.

DSC_5866Large.jpg

I'm setting this one up just like the last one with an overflow...

DSC_5864Large.jpg

Here is a shot of the bulkhead that will be the overflow. It is a little lower than I wanted, but I can adapt.

DSC_5867Large.jpg

DSC_5869Large.jpg

Tonights (last night actually, since it is now after 1am) fun...Trevor (Marine Dreamer on RF) came over, so naturally he got roped into helping get the new cube up and running(jail)

Let the fun begin...

DSC_5870Large.jpg

DSC_5883Large.jpg

DSC_5884Large.jpg

I did the same overflow as the last tank...

DSC_5889Large.jpg

DSC_5891Large.jpg

First FTS(rock2)So, Brandon wanted to know how high I would make the water level...here you go(fingers)

DSC_5888Large.jpg

I will let everything settle down tonight and get some real FTS tomorrow.

Awesome DR, well done all the way around. Question though... with an open top how do you keep dust & garbage from floating into the tank? I had the top off of my Aquapod most of this summer and there was always stuff visible floating on the surface. I guess a filter sock would take care of that if you're running a sump...

Awesome DR' date=' well done all the way around. Question though... with an open top how do you keep dust & garbage from floating into the tank? I had the top off of my Aquapod most of this summer and there was always stuff visible floating on the surface. I guess a filter sock would take care of that if you're running a sump...[/quote']

Never had an issue with stuff in my tank, as long as you have something doing surface skimming (overflow). I had an aquapod before as well, but I had a Fluval FX 5 running behind the wall...about 900 gph of flow...lots of surface skimming(nutty)

For the most part I never have had a problem with suff getting into my tank and it also has a hanging hood. The surface is always clean. The tank looks great and good job! I really like the new pink milli and the flame angel. Great choices!

Garrett

Thanks Garrett! The milli really pops in the tank, and that Flame is beautiful.

• 1 month later...

Very nice tank, very impressive, makes me want a small tank, this is the old tank thats Starphire glass correct? Man... Impressive....

Im thinking about a starphire tank made by Oceanic but still can't decide, but I love the color, or lack of color from the glass.

Keep us updated..

Very nice tank, very impressive, makes me want a small tank, this is the old tank thats Starphire glass correct? Man... Impressive....

Im thinking about a starphire tank made by Oceanic but still can't decide, but I love the color, or lack of color from the glass.

Keep us updated..

Yes it is Brandon's old tank, very happy with it so far. Oceanic makes some sweet tanks, make sure you get it reef ready though.

• 4 weeks later...