Aiptasia control?

Taylorhardy1

I'm looking for some sort of aiptasia eaters that will also eat frozen, or other easily prepared foods. Such as a small copperband butterfly (preferably known not to have a taste for corals), matted filefish, SA peppermint shrimp. I've only got 2 or 3 aiptasia maybe, just want something to keep it at that 2 to 3 maximum or less ideally. Multiple injections of Aiptasia X only seems to be keeping the 2 I've noticed from spreading. Definitely not enough to justify the need for a berghia. Just tired of injecting them once a day. Have cash, or corals! Thanks!

2 hours ago, Taylorhardy1 said:

I'm looking for some sort of aiptasia eaters that will also eat frozen, or other easily prepared foods. Such as a small copperband butterfly (preferably known not to have a taste for corals), matted filefish, SA peppermint shrimp. I've only got 2 or 3 aiptasia maybe, just want something to keep it at that 2 to 3 maximum or less ideally. Multiple injections of Aiptasia X only seems to be keeping the 2 I've noticed from spreading. Definitely not enough to justify the need for a berghia. Just tired of injecting them once a day. Have cash, or corals! Thanks!

The peppermint shrimp in my tank seem to keep the aptasia at bay. I know some have come in as hitch hikers but never stick around long with the shrimp around. They seem to find enough other things to eat when aptasia aren’t available and are pretty unobtrusive otherwise. Usually readily available as well. Mine survive even with a tank full of wrasses so would probably do fine as long as you don’t have anything too aggressive. 

• Like 1

I like the sound of these little guys. Has anyone around here had them in stock before?  Would be interested in “test driving” one for hair algae control. 
Cuttle Fish has them often. I should mention that there's mix reviews on Molly Millers and whether they really do help control aiptasia. There's some pretty convincing articles, though. It might be worth a shot.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk