FS: Sunlight Supply T5 Tek Lights

Piero

is it possible to sand these down and paint with some high temp paint?

I would think not. The value in TEK lights is the individual reflectors. It is sad that they get salt spray on them and it etches the reflective surface. Sanding down would only decrease the reflective surface.

dsoz

If its aluminum or stainless (mine are stainless but I custom build them) you can buff them out with "white" buffing compound. I do this about once a year to mine and they look brand new, however rust will penetrate aluminum, but not 304 stainless. FYI

I use a small wheel on a dremel to get the tight corners and a full size to get the flat areas.

is it possible to sand these down and paint with some high temp paint?

After looking at the pics it looks like the metal cover is what is rusting. And after looking at mine you should be able to take it apart and sandblast it and have it powder coated and it would look like new. It is just a cover. Wish these were for sale a few months ago when I bought mineDOH!

Not sanding buffing, the same principle applies, however depending on how bad it is you may need to sand with a 300 grit to start, however once the rust has penetrated the metal, you might as well gut it and do a DIY with it. Or make your own encasement if your handy.

• 3 weeks later...