Local Starboard

R-3

Hi-Tech plastics here in Corvallis sells HPDE and they'll cut if for you. Are you doing a BB setup? I regret putting HPDE on my tank. It traps detritus along the edges which eventually decomposes and looks like crap (not to mention pollutes your tank). If you use it make sure you seal it up really good.

Ive run a couple of barebottom tanks and have never used starboard. Never made any sense. Stuff just gets stuck underneath.

Not to mention the whole safety factor. I dont know about you, but I dont move my rocks that often and when I do, I dont drop them. IT would be pretty hard to break your glass with your rock by dropping it or an avalanche IME.

Ive run a couple of barebottom tanks and have never used starboard. Never made any sense. Stuff just gets stuck underneath.

Not to mention the whole safety factor. I dont know about you, but I dont move my rocks that often and when I do, I dont drop them. IT would be pretty hard to break your glass with your rock by dropping it or an avalanche IME.

I guess I do not have to worry as much as BB guys, cause I have sand...as for the safety factor, 20-40 bucks is great piece of mind....

There can be an aethetic value *if* you actually use Starboard or Seaboard as opposed to just HDPE. Many folks don't like the look of clear glass/acrylic on the bottom of their tank and you can get both Starboard and Seaboard in Sandshade and Seafoam (colors) to make a faux sandbed, can get it in black as well.

James

There can be an aethetic value *if* you actually use Starboard or Seaboard as opposed to just HDPE. Many folks don't like the look of clear glass/acrylic on the bottom of their tank and you can get both Starboard and Seaboard in Sandshade and Seafoam (colors) to make a faux sandbed, can get it in black as well.

James

Very true. There is one place in my tank where the sand will not sit still and most people do not even notice the starboard is there, until the really look closely....