Egg Crate

Jeremevans

I looked for eggcrate at my local Home Depot and they don't seem to stock it anymore. Does anyone know a good place to pick some up locally?

I'm not picky on the color as It will be for mounting rock to and then covered with sand. Alternatively, what else could I attach the rock to?

c46496cf56ab4436a74b37df9143edc8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're planning to add leopard wrasses or anything that will dart into the sandbed, it's not a good idea as they will injure themselves darting into the sandbed.

If you just want to prop up the rocks, you can try cutting PVC pipes to height you like and cover it with sand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I checked the Beaverton HD and they had it. After posting this I decided not to put it under my rock in the tank, but I still needed some for the sump. I'm going to use short pieces of pvc under the rock for stability which should be less problematic for an animal rooting around in the sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cut it into smaller squares just big enough to sit the rock on. You don't want the whole tank to be egg crate. But little squares of it will help spread out the weight of the rock and make it more secure. Not as easy for a borrowing wrasse but that's what the rest of the tank is for. They'll sort it out.