Mr. Brets Zoas Feedback

IMG_20160827_121944784%20copy_zpscmghjmf

Today I had the honor of meeting Mr. Bett at his coral hoarder cave and gazing upon his field of zoas. The pic in no way does the collection any justice. Mr. Brett allowed me to cherry pick a few frags and offered them at incredibly humble prices. His hospitality and willingness to answer questions makes 2 hours feel like 15 minutes. If anybody has the chance to visit and/or buy a couple frags, I highly recommend it.

I have battled some significant outbreaks from buying "dirty frags" in the past so I am always a bit nervous every time I purchase something, whether it be from an online vender or a forum member. The first thing I did when I got home was dip the frags. While all the frags soaked I individual inspect each colony for eggs, zoa pox, ZE nudibranchs, flatworms and any other unwanted hitchhikers. With Mr. Brets frags, I found none. All I found at the bottom of the dip was a couple copepods and a baby Stomatella snail. I would not hesitate to purchase again in the future. Out of habit, I always transfer frags to new plugs that are seasoned in my sump so I might loose a couple heads, but that is a result of my own hyper vigilance and no indication on the health and quality of Mr. Brets frags. I am super happy with my frags, Thanks Bret!

• Like 11

Thanks for making the trip over. It was a fun visit. Let me say Kudos to you for dipping frags that you assumed were clean from the start. Something everyone should do no matter how trusted the source. We dip everything, and have an excellent hunting crew in the tank. No one likes pests.

Also, thanks for helping bag up the frags, lol. I wasn't quite sure how i was going to do that with one hand.

You have our number so just send a text if your ever in the area and want to stop by and see whats new. Hope everything does great in your tank.

• Like 5

IMG_20160827_121944784%20copy_zpscmghjmf

Today I had the honor of meeting Mr. Bett at his coral hoarder cave and gazing upon his field of zoas. The pic in no way does the collection any justice. Mr. Brett allowed me to cherry pick a few frags and offered them at incredibly humble prices. His hospitality and willingness to answer questions makes 2 hours feel like 15 minutes. If anybody has the chance to visit and/or buy a couple frags, I highly recommend it.

I have battled some significant outbreaks from buying "dirty frags" in the past so I am always a bit nervous every time I purchase something, whether it be from an online vender or a forum member. The first thing I did when I got home was dip the frags. While all the frags soaked I individual inspect each colony for eggs, zoa pox, ZE nudibranchs, flatworms and any other unwanted hitchhikers. With Mr. Brets frags, I found none. All I found at the bottom of the dip was a couple copepods and a baby Stomatella snail. I would not hesitate to purchase again in the future. Out of habit, I always transfer frags to new plugs that are seasoned in my sump so I might loose a couple heads, but that is a result of my own hyper vigilance and no indication on the health and quality of Mr. Brets frags. I am super happy with my frags, Thanks Bret!

.....(drops mic, struts of the stage)

Well frickin' said, Salty P!

Edited by Optimusprime3605
  • Like 5