Peppermint Shrimp spawning

FishOnTheBrainCoral

I know they have no chance of survival, but I have seen this about 10 times now in my late night spying of my tank. My peppermint shrimp (I have 2) have spawned yet again! Kinda cool to see, makes me feel like my tank is doing well when I see it (and a great snack for fish).

Anyways, here is a hard to tell pic... bunch of little dots. 58d96660f6738c0754d244190a325c49.jpg

If anyone has some encouraging word on how I may some day be able to raise any, let me know.

Could I add more shrimp to make this happen more frequently to help suppliment feeding?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That is crazy cool. What's up with your euphyllia on the left there? Did it just get run over?

@Ninjabeaver - I have had a pair in my 75g for over a year and a half and have never noticed them spawning. Any pics? Admittedly I haven't been looking.

Haha, no I just turned to light on to get a pic. It was 2am. They are all closed up. That's as good as I can get with my phone. I'm having issues with my good camera.

Nice! I've had a couple of critters spawn in the few years I've been doing this (pompom crabs and some snails), and I always think, "Yay, a nutritious treat for the fish to gobble up!"  :popcorn:  

If you do attempt raising them in the future, I wish you luck! 

Edited by Flashy Fins

That is crazy cool. What's up with your euphyllia on the left there? Did it just get run over?

@Ninjabeaver - I have had a pair in my 75g for over a year and a half and have never noticed them spawning. Any pics? Admittedly I haven't been looking.

Forgot to mention I only had cleaner shrimp.

Unfortunately both of my cleaners were eaten..but one would carry the eggs on the stomach area, looked like little green egg things and when they started to hatch the shrimp would go to top of a rock and help pull them out, then fish would go crazy over the live food.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Edited by Ninjabeaver

Oh dur. Lol defiantly wasn't trying to imply it was unhappy. That colony is a beast. That makes sense that the shrimp would be out at night.

I've cut that beast twice! About half at a time! It's about due again! Seems to be the one coral I have Never had a problem with. Want some? Haha there is some teal hammer in the mix. Been looking for some orange ones. They loo cool.