Tang food?

siskiou

Besides Nori, what other choices are there to feed tang/rabbitfish?

I got some dried seaweed at the healthfood store, but apparently it's too tough for the fish to bite anything off.(laugh)

Has anyone tried the "Tang Heaven" from IPSF?

Sound good, but a bit pricey, unless I can grow it in the sump...

The nori will get softer as it sits in water. My tang goes so crazy for nori, he can tell when i'm preparing some for him. He'll swim back and forth in front of the glass at the top of the tank, sometimes go darting over to where i keep it, and just stares at me the whole time. Its funny. But i feed the same as ppl above, spirulina enriched brine, emerald entree, and mysis.

My Hippo goes bananas over broccoli. I blanch a floret quickly in water for about a minute to soften it, then clip it to my seaweed clip. He can devour a small floret in about a day of constant nibbling. His little belly stays full while it's in there!

That, and Nori as well as some Sea Veggies. I'm considering getting some Tang Heaven from ISPF when i have the need for a clean up crew boost. I should be able to grow it in the fuge quite nicely.