CA Reactor Problem/Question

pledosophy

So I have no bubbles....

The tank seems full and when I went to take the regulator off it shot out a ton of C02 (I assumed it was empty). The pressure gauge from the tank to the regulator shows it is in the green. But even with the needlevalve fully open no bubbles in the chamber. 

I checked and the C02 line is not kinked. 

I burped the reactor to see, that is not it. 

The Apex says everything is powered.

I am thinking my solenoid went bad? Does that happen? 

Can't think of anything else it could be. I don't have much experience with reactors. Been running this one about a year and have replaced the C02 tank and refilled it, but that is about it.

Any help is apprecaited.

Thanks. 

The solenoid more than likely is bad. Leave it powered by the apex and manually plug and unplug it. If you can't hear it clicking then it's definitely toast.

Not an uncommon problem.

Did that and it clicks on and off. I guess I'll take the tank in tomorrow to make sure it's full. No idea what else to do/try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I pulled all of it out and it seems that the solenoid is working and when hooked to the C02 tank and not the reactor it emits gas. So I took the reactor all apart (recirc pump and hoses) put it back together and it seems to be working fine now. I have no idea why. 

Guess i wasted my money buying 2 part today (needed something to keep that alk up), but it is nice to have around I suppose. 

So weird. 

• Like 1