Algea scrubber s?

corey

Those A.R.I.D. setups are $1,500, plus they are too big for your RSM250.

I've been thinking about trying one of these guys for one of my RSM250s. I wonder if you could use Chaeto with them? I know some people worry about buildup of toxins that can come from other types of algae. I'd like to try this instead of GFO, which I find to be messy and annoying.

http://www.santa-monica.cc/HOG1x-Hang-On-Glass-UAS-Upflow-Algae-Scrubber-with-Green-Grabber-surface-and-Xtra-LEDs--1-Cube-feeding-per-day--MAGNET-VERSION_p_38.html

Hmm that is really steep there site was down so I couldn't price it. Any thoughts on the clear tides algea reactor shipping might sucks but price seems reasonable. Thks for hitting back fellas appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

I shut down my refugium and put an ats in a few weeks ago. Algae is just now starting to compete with my skimmer. Its lite with ~20 watts of grow LEDs on both sides. Too early to tell, but seems promising.

I did mine off of the primary drain. If I were to do it again I'd just run a pump to it. Too much repiping and hassle. Simple solutions are usually best.

Yet my dream set up is to have a display refugium again. Its like having two completely different reef tanks to look at. I had an open top with tall mangroves under a MH and critters down below. Nearly impossible to over feed. Bulletproof.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hmm that is really steep there site was down so I couldn't price it. 

If you look at the pieces individually I think you could DIY the ARID for less then $80, especially if you do not care about having clear sides probably less. If I see it right it is just a reactor with a light in the middle. I'm kinda curious. If I had more time I would make one just because. Maybe I will next month just to see. 

Yet my dream set up is to have a display refugium again.

I do miss that about my last house. Reef in the dining room plumbed through the wall to the office with the display refugium. That was a great setup for me too. Impossible to overfeed but also with all the pods, you ddin't really have to feed. Was a lot of fun.