Looking for a decent diesel truck.

caolewis

Im selling f350 king ranch turbo chipped it will burn rubber if you floor it at 50 although there not meant to do that. 280k on it but the lower end was just rebuilt by the best diesal shop in town 10,000 into the motor few months back. New wire harness new Turbo so many new things on this. One of a kind truck lifted the stack is in the bed of the truck. Im asking 20k for it and thats a steal for whats in this. This thing will get million miles off this motor now im pretty sure. Not to bad on gas to just depends on what your looking for

Im going to list it for 25k might be 50k in the truck

If interested ill text you some pics and tell you more about it depending on what you want of course this thing will pull a bridge out of the foundation and there isn't a truck set up like this out there

EDIT

Updated springs shocks pretty much everything loaded on this truck.

But it all boils down to what you want. I use this as my daily driver still but have other Vehicles id pull anything with this and actually if I have it in June I will be pulling a 45ft trailer for my buddy to Florida.

Up to your needs wants.

Edited by StayPuff

Depends on how much you want to spend and what your planning on pulling with it. 2000 Dodge Ram is going to cost around $20K and that's with 150K plus miles (They are holding their value). If you are wanting a newer pickup the Dodge Ram with the big diesel is going to be in the $40k plus range, but is a little overkill unless your pulling a lot of weight. The Dodge Ram 1500 has a Fiat Eco Diesel engine in the $30k range (good fuel economy). 

I am waiting for the new 2016 Chevy Colorado with a diesel engine. It;s a midsize truck and is suppose to come out this spring. Average mpg is around 30 mpg and will pull around 7700 pounds. I have a small travel trailer so this will be plenty for me. If the price is too high I will probably go with the Dodge Ram 1500 with the eco diesel.

And Nissan Titan just released a new truck with a diesel engine.

Hey tom look at the Gmc and Chevy with the Duramax motor and Allison tranny. Perfect combo IMO. I am buying a new truck in May and going with diesel for pulling power and mileage. I will likely go with the Gmc Denalii HD butt a f ew years old cause the y are bringing in some serious cash right now.. Good luck

I drive a gmc 2500 hd with a 6.6L turbo diesel with allison transmission for work. Also has airbag suspension in the rear. I love that truck. Pulls 12000lb loads like there is nothing there. Has made me seriously consider a diesel once I am not putting in so many daily miles.

I drive a gmc 2500 hd with a 6.6L turbo diesel with allison transmission for work. Also has airbag suspension in the rear. I love that truck. Pulls 12000lb loads like there is nothing there. Has made me seriously consider a diesel once I am not putting in so many daily miles.

what is gas mileage you got out of it?

Hey tom look at the Gmc and Chevy with the Duramax motor and Allison tranny. Perfect combo IMO. I am buying a new truck in May and going with diesel for pulling power and mileage. I will likely go with the Gmc Denalii HD butt a f ew years old cause the y are bringing in some serious cash right now.. Good luck

What's average mileage on that combo, any idea Brian?

Edited by caolewis

Depends on how much you want to spend and what your planning on pulling with it. 2000 Dodge Ram is going to cost around $20K and that's with 150K plus miles (They are holding their value). If you are wanting a newer pickup the Dodge Ram with the big diesel is going to be in the $40k plus range, but is a little overkill unless your pulling a lot of weight. The Dodge Ram 1500 has a Fiat Eco Diesel engine in the $30k range (good fuel economy). 

I am waiting for the new 2016 Chevy Colorado with a diesel engine. It;s a midsize truck and is suppose to come out this spring. Average mpg is around 30 mpg and will pull around 7700 pounds. I have a small travel trailer so this will be plenty for me. If the price is too high I will probably go with the Dodge Ram 1500 with the eco diesel.

And Nissan Titan just released a new truck with a diesel engine.

Titan XD is my top choice but the 5.0 Cummins is too new to have problems and very spendy?  Also, there are just rarely few of them and dealers want $7K markup to its factory price :doh:  :nono: !!! 

Edited by caolewis

This is my truck for sale 20,000 firm and thats a steal of a deal

738354336282804.jpg

738354396282798.jpg

I think when these come out they was like 60 and 70,000 truck

Not to mention about 50k into this truck and great motor lower end done this thing is like brand new now :)

It has all the mods done to the motor had them yank the motor a few months ago and put the improved motor mounts in there and block offs everything modded for this motor has been done.

Drive this sucker around the world towing a bridge right now if you wanted :)

not going to come close to this kind of truck out there for 20k :)

Way to much to list on this truck .

EDIT Of course my lag fest  lap top spelling

Edited by StayPuff

I have a 7.3L Ford F350, similar body style(though not near as awesome looking as his)to the one posted above. Oh man, I love my truck. Gas mileage ranges from 15-18. Rides so nice and big. Pulls anything easy. We only drive it occasionally, but I did tow about 4,000 lbs to Montana a few weeks ago, barely knew I had a load.

• Like 1

If I had to choose a diesel it would be a Chevy or a Gmc with the allison transmission. The only experience I have with them was in the service. Most of the humvees and mine resistant vehicles use the allison and they are [language filter] near indestructible! That king ranch is nice though! I'm selling a subaru forester it's not a diesel but the flat four sounds like one lol..

I have a 7.3L Ford F350, similar body style(though not near as awesome looking as his)to the one posted above. Oh man, I love my truck. Gas mileage ranges from 15-18. Rides so nice and big. Pulls anything easy. We only drive it occasionally, but I did tow about 4,000 lbs to Montana a few weeks ago, barely knew I had a load.

I had the 7.3 also and loved it. Truck was an 02 F350 and wish I still had it but a paid truck does not get me any tax advantages :laugh:  Only thing I do not like about the diesels is the truck starts to need way more work than is worth it when the moter is just getting broken in......I sold mine with about 140,000 on the odometer motor was fine but the rest of the truck was just nickel and diming me to death......

Tom I would stick with the proven few, Chevy, ford and dodge. My last duramax was 2006 2500 HD with 6.6 and Allison. After having a little work done to it I got 22 ish mpg

Was your 4x4?  what were the tricks to get to that 22ish mpg?

Edited by caolewis

This is my truck for sale 20,000 firm and thats a steal of a deal

738354336282804.jpg

738354396282798.jpg

I think when these come out they was like 60 and 70,000 truck

Not to mention about 50k into this truck and great motor lower end done this thing is like brand new now :)

It has all the mods done to the motor had them yank the motor a few months ago and put the improved motor mounts in there and block offs everything modded for this motor has been done.

Drive this sucker around the world towing a bridge right now if you wanted :)

not going to come close to this kind of truck out there for 20k :)

Way to much to list on this truck .

EDIT Of course my lag fest lap top spelling

Man I wish I had the funds! I would buy your truck in a heart beat!

sent from a Samsung note 4

Man I wish I had the funds! I would buy your truck in a heart beat!

sent from a Samsung note 4

Ya I have not even advertised it yet but when I do any one that knows anything about these trucks or this truck and has the money would be all over this in a heart beat.

I think there is 20k into the shocks and suspension alone and front grill there is so much to list and no one needs to put any money in it no leaks nothing had the motor yanked new head gasket and they cleaned everything all up it was a 10,000 job not even 7 months ago let alone the turbo and everything else this is a steal when I post it.

I will wait about a week then go post :) Ill post for 20k

Ill do 19 k here and some frags :) Now that's a even better deal :)  I'm in no means in a hurry to sell.

I have other vehicles but use this as my favorite daily driver. When your  at a light in this truck people take pictures even lol

Edited by StayPuff
  • Like 1