Fresh Water Dip ?

wegotjs

I am down to my last choice for killing the Monti- eating Nudi's. A long fresh water dip.

Can someone give me a guess on how long sps will tolerate being dipped. I am going to give it one more week and then throw out all of my monti's, since I just can't find a reliable way to kill them.

Jon

Tried the tmpcc and it did kill maybe 2 of the largest but the next day they were back to lunching down. Didn't try fluke tabs but tried Flatworm exit.They are just mowing everything down and the lugal's

worked as good as anything but still was not that great. All of these things I diped at least 3 times in a week.

FWE is for flatworms, not for nudis. Nudis are a mollusk, more like a slug, snail, or clam. Flatworms are more like earthworms and planaria. If FWE claims to be safe for inverts (like clams), then it would have no effect on nudis.

TMPCC seems to have a wider base of animals that it affects. As does the Lugal's iodine.

Have you tried mixing both the TMPCC and the Lugal's in the same dip?

Let me know when you get rid of your menace. I will give you a piece of my orange Monti cap and purple monti cap. They are both almost to the size that they can be broken in half to give you a good size starter frag. Those are the only montis that I have that are large enough for fragging, but you are welcome to have them when you get rid of your pest.

dsoz

• Like 1

I tried the Flatworm exit because Saultas suggested trying it. I went with 4 times recommended dosage on all the dipp's.I dipped each brand at least 3 times in a week.then went to the next thing when the eating continued. The frustrating thing is that the nudi's are not on all of the monti's (yet)

False superman, Rainbow,orange plate,Green digi,yellow digi, Such a shame to throw them out but I would rather do it then keep feeding the nud's. Thanks for the help .

Still Looking For How Long I Can Dip For.

I hope these articles prove helpful.

Quality Marine has a few suggestions for eradication of the Montipora-eating nudibranch. Several treatment options are discussed here. http://www.qualitymarineusa.com/article.asp?page=feature&id=FA22AE9A-A335-4F27-A5C5-0913F83DCB60

(Note:Levamisole (a dewormer) is available through a veterinarian. I have found that vets are often glad to help you acquire a small amount of some meds when you explain what it is going to be used for.)

Here's an article that suggests using Tetra Oomed http://www.reeffarmers.com/tracygraynudi01.htm

I decieded not to due a dip and just threw them all away.Just like all the articles say these are

really hard guy's to kill, Joel just tossed all his Monti's away to get rid of them also. They reproduce so fast that since there isn't a very efficient way to kill them just one adult is laying egg's like crazy.

It only takes them 7 day's to reach a very large size and one article said that they are laying egg's only three day's after being hatched.What a turnaround !!!!

So sorry to hear. Let me know when you are sure that your tank is clear of the little devils, and I will give you some frags off my stuff. I know I don't have a lot, and what I have is small, but you are welcome to get some. As far as montis go, I only have an orange cap, and a purple cap that are large enough to be called fragable.

dsoz

• 4 weeks later...