Can you help tell me what this is in my pic

StayPuff

Well if that's it then my reef is biogentic to perfection and ill have millions of snails :)

Interesting and that mucas or whatever it is I keep wiping it off it goes out almost 8 inches at times. It might be snails cemented to the rock now?

Would be interesting to hear from others and thank you for that link to.

Very nice read . Love learning new things about tanks this is a first for me

It's a vermitid snail. I had them in my tank.  From what I have read they are not super harmful but they leave that mucous as a trap to get food and I didn't like the way it looked. If you superglue the hole and then put some epoxy on top for good measure that will get rid of them.

Ya im not liking that long stringing stuff all over the tank it gets pretty long and there are 2 of them doing that.. Super glue or will the glue work that i use for my frags?

Ya im not liking that long stringing stuff all over the tank it gets pretty long and there are 2 of them doing that.. Super glue or will the glue work that i use for my frags?

I assume it's similar to superglue so pretty much anything that is safe and sticks in your tank will work just cover up the opening. 

Thank you..maybe 1 day i alcan go without my hands in the tank ..jist so happens its on the bottom on the rocks with 3 big ones on top..wish they made something we could squirt right in there lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Well the sooner the better as they can multiply. Mine were easy to get to!

Ya I'll do it when i het home. Did you epoxy on it to in the holes or just glue

I did glue in the holes and then covered the whole thing in epoxy just to be sure but it was easy for me since all I have is a 20 gallon and it was the rock on top.

Ya I'll do it when i het home. Did you epoxy on it to in the holes or just glue

I did glue in the holes and then covered the whole thing in epoxy just to be sure but it was easy for me since all I have is a 20 gallon and it was the rock on top.

Gosh :(

I just tore out 5 big chunks to get to this sucker.. Stuck it all in seen another slimy thing coming out of a rock so pulled it back out covered that whole.  I put poxy on 2 holes and just glued the other because I wasn't going to break all that out of there again.   I will keep a eye out for any more of these things that pop up.

I was reading that some crabs keep them in check

Gosh :(

I just tore out 5 big chunks to get to this sucker.. Stuck it all in seen another slimy thing coming out of a rock so pulled it back out covered that whole. I put poxy on 2 holes and just glued the other because I wasn't going to break all that out of there again. I will keep a eye out for any more of these things that pop up.

I was reading that some crabs keep them in check

Yeah but I don't like to risk crabs l. I have had too many emerald crabs go rogue and damage my corals. I didn't have any problems once I covered up the 2 that I had.

Yeah but I don't like to risk crabs l. I have had too many emerald crabs go rogue and damage my corals. I didn't have any problems once I covered up the 2 that I had.

I thought I had 2 then I seen slim coming from the other side so I covered a 3rd ill keep my eye out for more slim.

I did some reading on them and there is Scientific proof now that these can cause problems with corals. They don't let the corals grow like they should the studies showed so there a goner

Yeah I read that too but the mucousy mess they left was enough convincing for me. I'm not sure where I got them just showed up one day.

Yeah I read that too but the mucousy mess they left was enough convincing for me. I'm not sure where I got them just showed up one day.

Ya that is so odd I have never had this happen. But there are things out there reading the article I read that they still don't know. They say there are over 100,000 types of snails. Nice read about them.

Hope I got the 3 that was there. pretty easy to spot when they get that long slim out there.

They are probably Terrebelid worms, commonly called "Spaghetti Worms". They are harmless. Don't worry about them. They show that your tank is becoming established. Don't panic when your live rock looks live! I once had a customer at a LFS I worked at, come in and wanted to know if he should bleach his rock, as what I sold him was full of "bugs". If it seems like you have too many in your tank, there is possibly a buildup of detritus. If you are not using a filter sock, go ahead and use one.

They are probably Terrebelid worms, commonly called "Spaghetti Worms". They are harmless. Don't worry about them. They show that your tank is becoming established. Don't panic when your live rock looks live! I once had a customer at a LFS I worked at, come in and wanted to know if he should bleach his rock, as what I sold him was full of "bugs". If it seems like you have too many in your tank, there is possibly a buildup of detritus. If you are not using a filter sock, go ahead and use one.

I don't think that is it. These things are hard shells onto the rocks and puts out slim in my tank up to 8 inch long. I wiped it out yesterday because I thought it was just some weird thing floating in there until I looked close today.  I seen something come out of this thing. these long things get out there collect food then it sucks into the hole.

Whether they are spaghetti worms, or cirratulids (hair worms), some people do not care for them. Various shrimp or small hermit crabs may keep the populations down. Also, a Copperband Butterfly or various wrasses may help.

I kind of want one of those but need to wait couple more months those are very touchy fish.

Ya I just had a wrasse that would eat all my snails even the turbo the one I got now don't think he likes them which is good.

Would peppermint shrimp eat on these?