The fate of Grumpy????

kriswaters

The Waters' reef tank suffered its first tragedy tonight. We found Grumpy, the sixline wrasse on the floor in front of the tank about ten minutes ago. I picked him up and thought instantly that he was dead. I quickly stuck him in the sump, washed all the dog hair off of him, then was amazed as his little gills started moving. With in a few minutes his fins were moving and he was swimming in my hand. i returned him to the main tank and a few moments later he swam out of my hand. He now sits on the bottom, not moving much except to keep himself upright.

I'm crushed....but hope that Grumpy will survive. I will keep you updated and i will make a grate to ensure that none of the other fish jump out. If i lose Grumpy he will certainly be replaced with Grumpy Jr.

He is, and hopefully, remains to be a cool fish.

Kris and Rylie

Update,

We fished him out of the main tank and put him in the sump. This way, if death becomes him, I can find him before he contaminates the tank.

Poor Grump...I feel really bad. I was cleaning, and God only knows how long that fish was out of water.

Kris and Rylie

Grumpy may just fine after all. He was hiding in the rock in the fuge and when I moved it he promptly shot off and jumped into the baffle section. I turned off the return...didn't want sushi, and managed to corral him into a corner of the fuge again. As I pulled him out, he jumped straight up out of my hand! Some how, I managed to catch him in mid air! He went back into the display and down in the rocks for cover.

Last night, his little frown lines on his eyes were no longer white...today those were back! This story hopefully will turn to "The survival of Grumpy"!

Thanks,

Kris and Rylie