Reeflink, meet wall!!

ChrisQ

Anyone else having trouble with their reeflinks not keeping a selected preset (or any manual setting) and reverting back to the scheduled program? Most of the time it's after about 15-20mins and always immediately upon exiting the ecosmart live app on my phone or tablet. It's connected wireless, 5-10 feet from the Radions.

I can see this becoming a problem for the half dozen new sps frags i've just added.

The initial set up of this thing burnt me out so much i'm having a hard time continuing troubleshooting   :black_eyed:

I had a temporary moment of sanity and went back to researching and it seems the problem is in the fact it uses 2connections, Wifi for Network Connection only and RF for connection to your Equipment, i think there must be some  interference somewhere that's causing the drop, i'll try hardwired with cat5

If you throw it against the wall please record that!

I have zero tolerance for mechanical and it breakdowns which is why I have a low tech reef right now.

Nope, with tech that takes me to the darkside, it's the PNW woods and my 7.62x39mm  :angel: can't tell you how many hard drives i've turned to shrapnel  :laugh: (office space without the bat!!) Hopefully this unit survives, it's now hardwired

And yes, i do record those  :tongue:

• Like 1

Exiting the app is how you're supposed to make the lights go back to the schedule. So it's doing what's it's supposed to. Don't exit by hitting the back button. Just hit the home screen button. I use android HTC so Idk what device you have, but the idea is not ""Exiting" or using the back button. Instead use whatever button sends your device to the home screen.

Exiting the app is how you're supposed to make the lights go back to the schedule. So it's doing what's it's supposed to. Don't exit by hitting the back button. Just hit the home screen button. I use android HTC so Idk what device you have, but the idea is not ""Exiting" or using the back button. Instead use whatever button sends your device to the home screen.

That makes sense, when i use the home key it tends to stay on longer, its a galaxy tab 5 i believe and a iphone 4s.

What confuses me is there is a icon for reverting back to the programmed schedule.  

You can set how long the buttons can override the schedule, but I don't think you can adjust how long the app cab override it. I haven't ever timed it, but it's probably 45-60 minutes. Why would you want to override for much longer than half hour? Just set acclimation for new corals if you're trying to reduce the lighting.