Eshopps... RUN!!! Fast and don't look back.

Zotalpha

I know you get what you pay for but I gave into my "cheap" side and bought an Eshopps PSK-100 skimmer. Worst mistake ever! It flat out wont work without restricting the output to a trickle (not just the lowest setting but actually blocking it with an additional piece of PVC). Taking a product that was designed to handle 100 gallon system and adapting it to probable handle something like 30. 

I spent a almost a month dealing with there incredibly rude and unresponsive customer service and got nothing out of it. In the end they want me to pay to ship it back to them with absolutely no guarantee that they will send it back once fixed or send me a replacement.... 

I know I will never buy a product from them again, and wanted to make sure everybody here thought twice. 

If they are a sponsor or somehow affiliated with this site I apologies and please take this down.

Nah. I'm officially throwing in the towel. They win. But like I said they have lost at least one customer from this.

Just needed to vent a bit and hopefully spare somebody from making the same mistake I did.

Now the hunt for a new skimmer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, that's the problem. it's at 9 inches now i have tried every half inch increment in the suggested spec. Running it at each depth for 5 days or so. The waterline in the skimmer sits about 2 inches above the external water level. Leaving 8-10 inches before anything comes close to the neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weird, well that was a thought. Some people with new skimmers freak when they don't work right away and they don't realize they all need some degree of break in.

Not sure why it's causing so many issues, I would think that Sicce pump would be nice. You have any airway or pump restrictions?