where to get a tank.....

mister crabs

ok so i am kinda settled in vegas now and want a tank but the all-in-ones still dont appeal to me. I was wondering where anyone knew to get an acrylic cube with the dimensions of 30" long by 30" deep and 24" high? not quite a perfect cube but i am going with T-5's so i dont want it overly deep. I was going to go halide but its already so warm here and dry that everything evaporates really quickly. Envision isnt really an option since they dont work on tanks that small usually. I called an awesome tank manufacturer here in vegas that did all the big tanks at mandalay bay's shark reef and all the other big aquariums in vegas but thier quote was for $940! Ouch!! anyome know anywhere else to get one at maybe online or even in oregon that will ship? If i cant find one i guess im going to get a 60 gallon glass cube i saw at a local LFS here and build a false wall to hide the dirty parts (heaters etc.) I dont really want a sump after my problems with leaks and noise in my last tank. thanks for any input guys.

Hey what do they want for the 60 glass down there? Who makes that tank?Im not sure how far you are away but if James doesnt wanna do it there is a guy on Ebay out of Arizona that makes tanks. Good luck!

ok so i am kinda settled in vegas now and want a tank but the all-in-ones still dont appeal to me. I was wondering where anyone knew to get an acrylic cube with the dimensions of 30" long by 30" deep and 24" high? not quite a perfect cube but i am going with T-5's so i dont want it overly deep. I was going to go halide but its already so warm here and dry that everything evaporates really quickly. Envision isnt really an option since they dont work on tanks that small usually. I called an awesome tank manufacturer here in vegas that did all the big tanks at mandalay bay's shark reef and all the other big aquariums in vegas but thier quote was for $940! Ouch!! anyome know anywhere else to get one at maybe online or even in oregon that will ship? If i cant find one i guess im going to get a 60 gallon glass cube i saw at a local LFS here and build a false wall to hide the dirty parts (heaters etc.) I dont really want a sump after my problems with leaks and noise in my last tank. thanks for any input guys.

If you have James build it, My cousin works for a freight company, he may be able to get you a decent deal on shipping... Let me know...

I'm somewhat suprised at the price ATM gave ya, kinda high even for me ;)

Go talk to Wade or Dennis again and see what they can do.

There are also a coupla shops in the LA area that might be able to help you out, SoCal creations comes to mind, talk to Randy or Steve (IIRC).

Envision can do it, no problem, but with the crate & shipping - may not save much but maybe. Tank is too big to safely ship via UPS/FedEx so has to be shipped common carrier.

HTH,

James

i just sent in an email request and thats the price they came back with. needless to say i got sticker shocked. I will pm you james the exact dimensions. I have someone driving down here in a month or so and if i decide to get the tank they can bring it to me.

ryan- the 60 gallon is only $70 I believe last time i checked and is made by leemar if im not mistaken. I really dont want to drill and plumb again so i am going to be building a false wall if i go this route. It will end up basically like a large aquapod. I just want more water volume thaneither aquapods or biocubes offer.

i just sent in an email request and thats the price they came back with. needless to say i got sticker shocked. I will pm you james the exact dimensions. I have someone driving down here in a month or so and if i decide to get the tank they can bring it to me.

ryan- the 60 gallon is only $70 I believe last time i checked and is made by leemar if im not mistaken. I really dont want to drill and plumb again so i am going to be building a false wall if i go this route. It will end up basically like a large aquapod. I just want more water volume than either aquapods or biocubes offer.

If your friend can not drive it down...Like I said, I am happy to help, my cousin works for a freight company...Not UPS or Fed ex, they ship machines that weigh thousands of pounds, so a tank would not be hard to do...If you want to go this route just PM me... Thanks.