Nano ATO Suggestions

tomaboyd

I was watching a video about electricity and aquariums, can't remember who it was or what the title was, it was said that GFCIs are best in most cases but they had a few pieces of equipment that they wouldn't use one.

Do you have a link to that video, or could you tell us what devices should not be used with a GFCI? Thanks!

Do you have a link to that video, or could you tell us what devices should not be used with a GFCI? Thanks!

I was actually hesitant to post that cause I knew someone would ask. I don't remember much only that I was surprised they would say not to use GFCI outlets. I'll try to look it up once I get home.

Here's a video worth watch. He has a freshwater aquarium, but saltwater conducts electricity even more than freshwater, so the danger increases even more with a marine tank. It's 11 minutes long, but well worth the time.

could I just use a gfci power strip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried a GFCI power strip last time around and found it to be way too touchy. It'd click off when anything drawing much current on the same circuit turned on. TV came on, aquarium turned off. Sub-optimal. I put a good quality GFCI outlet in the wall box, worked like a charm.