Magnets

impur

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have about 4 or 5 of those rubber coated magnets. I got them just in case I needed to mount something in the future. They are very, very strong. They will literally break your finger if you have it between 2 magnets, so be careful using them on glass. Compared to the magnet on an algae cleaner I would say a hell of a lot stronger. Compared to the magnet on a hydor koralia I would say maybe 3 times stronger. Yes they are that strong.

It might have said it on the sheet that came with the magnets, but I threw that away already. It did have a warning on it though, that you could really hurt yourself with them LOL. I don't know where you could find a weaker one sorry.

How about these?

http://www.gaussboys.com/ndfeb-magnets/D3006.html

I'm thinking of getting the real strong ones and coating them with silicon. Or getting the rubber ones.

What makes these plastic/rubber coated ones so great is you don't have the extra step of coating them in resin. These could be inlaid into some acrylic or something real easily to make a nice pump mount. I think i'm gonna try ordering half a dozen and try them out.

I'm also gonna head over the craft store to see what they might have in stock.

I like magnets, and I want to make some magnet mounts for my powerheads. Do you think these would work??? Maybe a little superglue and I am in business? What do you think?

If you think that this would work, I could go for 10. I'll bring $8 to the June meeting, and you can get them to me at the July meeting.

dsoz :)

I don't have paypal. I think it would be dangerous for me to get something like that. I know myself too well.

Is there someone that will be at the meeting that we can use as a go-between?

If not, I do not need the magnets. I can live with the suction cups for now.

dsoz

Susanne - good to hear! I had hoped that new prop would work better ;)

Dan - I have not ordered. Will probably order this week or early next. I don't have any links, if they are completely sealed i will just use some epoxy or something to affix them to the frag racks and MJmods. I might hit up a craft store and see what kind of resins they have. A tupperware container and some craft resin would do nicely to make a magnet holder.

I'll let you know for sure. Got a couple trades i'm shipping out this week after i'm done with those i'll get a final tally, order, and pm ppl with totals to paypal :D

I think we actually have enough ppl to make this worth it!