LED Light seem cheaper now so...

xltom

Hey everyone. I just blew out another ballast in my 48" 6x54watt T5HO by catalina aquariums. I built my tank a long time ago and leds were in the 1k price range back then. Now it seems it would be cheaper to switch over instead of repairing my old t5 setup and paying for bulbs all the time. What would be equivalent to the T5s I'm running now in LEDs? I have a 75 gallon reef. Thanks for any help.

I saw people here recommending the arctic-t247 lights. Went on the site but I didn't see an option there for a 48" tank. I went on ebay and saw some 48" fixtures for less than a hundy. They have 3 watt high output LEDs in them same as arctic supposedly. I'm not searching for brands right now, I'm trying to figure out how many 3watt leds I need and what to look for in a 48" fixture. I'm assuming you would use 2 T247s on a 75 gallon? That's not in my budget. $150 is around where I'm at. That's cheaper than new bulbs for my old setup.

I saw people here recommending the arctic-t247 lights. Went on the site but I didn't see an option there for a 48" tank. I went on ebay and saw some 48" fixtures for less than a hundy. They have 3 watt high output LEDs in them same as arctic supposedly. I'm not searching for brands right now' date=' I'm trying to figure out how many 3watt leds I need and what to look for in a 48" fixture. I'm assuming you would use 2 T247s on a 75 gallon? That's not in my budget. $150 is around where I'm at. That's cheaper than new bulbs for my old setup.[/quote']

If your budget is $150 I would still stick with t5s. As far as pricing I think your at about $300 for two lights from Bo at Ocean revive to work on a 4ft tank properly for coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey everyone. I just blew out another ballast in my 48" 6x54watt T5HO by catalina aquariums. I built my tank a long time ago and leds were in the 1k price range back then. Now it seems it would be cheaper to switch over instead of repairing my old t5 setup and paying for bulbs all the time. What would be equivalent to the T5s I'm running now in LEDs? I have a 75 gallon reef. Thanks for any help.[/quote

]

So true! They are so much cheaper now, and there are so many good options.

The artic is a great value and I have some amazing tanks running it and the seller is highly regarded.

I have gone the DIY route, custom controller, custom controller code. In the end...

I have six of the

Good luck on your hunt!